Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Baby Food Recipe


CHICKEN WITH SWEET POTATO AND APPLE

1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/4 cup chopped onion
4 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped
1 large sweet potato (12 ounces), peeled and chopped
1/2 apple,peeled,cored, and chopped
1 cup chicken stock


Heat the butter in a saucepan, add onion, and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the chicken and saute for a couple of minutes until it turns opaque. Add the sweet potato and apple and pour in the stock. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Puree to the desired consistency.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My baby boy really likes this recipe. I got it from the cookbook "Top 100 Baby Purees" by Annabel Karmel and highly recommend it.
* Also shown are Baby Cubes* I love these!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Chari said...

Hmmm, I really should make this for Ethan today! I have everything except for the onion, although I do have a little roasted white onion in the fridge I could throw in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...