Monday, July 20, 2009

Menu, week of July 20th


This week my menu plan is FAR from impressive. After throwing my oldest sons birthday party on Saturday, paying a dozen bills (no joke), and putting gas in our cars there was very little left for groceries. I decided to see how I could do on my $70 goal amount (see previous post about the Grocery Game). I put a lot of hard work into it...printing off store sales, going through my coupons, figuring how to make it all work with what we have at home and then making my menu plan and grocery lists. It wasn't easy since we do not have a stockpile built up yet, but I did it! Here it is:
Monday
Breakfast: French Toast, Orange Juice
Lunch: Hot Dogs, Chips, and Baked Beans
Dinner: Spaghetti and Ceaser Salad
~
Tuesday
Breakfast: Cereal and Juice
Lunch: PB&J Sandwiches, Bananas
Dinner: Lemon & Butter Baked Talapia, Green Salad and Brown Rice
~
Wednesday
Breakfast: Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes and Banana Milk
Lunch: Tuna Sandwiches, Kettle Chips, and Watermelon
Dinner: Pinto Beans and Corn Bread
~
Thursday
Breakfast: Cereal and Fruit
Lunch: Egg Salad Sandwiches, Chips and Cherries
Dinner: BBQ Chicken Breasts, Baked Beans and Salad
~
Friday
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs and Toast
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Tuna Noodle Casserole and Green Beans
~
Saturday
Breakfast: French Toast and Juice
Lunch: Lunch at Church
Dinner: Leftovers
~
Sunday
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Tuna sandwiches and Fruit
Dinner: Pizza and Salad

And here is a picture of what I bought with the $70 dollars (actually it totaled $69, I went under!) My best buy was the Kashi cereal. I had 2 coupons for $1 off, a coupon for buy 4 get 1 free, and then a couple of the boxes were on sale. I spent only $1.69 per box! Kashi is expensive stuff too! I saved $43 dollars at Safeway, almost as much as I spent. I spent $47 at Safeway, so that ended up being a 48% savings. Then I went to Rite Aid and only spend $22 and saved $13 in coupons alone and then some of the items were on sale (Rite Aid doesn't tell you the percentage on the receipt). I love deals! :-)



Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...