Monday, August 17, 2009

Celtic Dance

My 7 year old daughter had her very first Irish dance lesson today!
She was SO excited.
She has been wanting to take Celtic dance lessons for a while now.
I can't wait to see her on stage with a cute Irish outfit and spiral curl wig, doing a jig!
It is going to be SOOOOOO cute!
My daughter is very tiny for her age and was more than a head shorter than all the other girls.
She is going to be the little star!
Now we just need to work on her focus...she kept getting distracted today.

(By the way~ I brought my camera today, but the girls did not do anything picture worthy...so I added some random Celtic dance picture I found on the internet. My daughter is not in this picture. That would make her a pro at her her first lesson! lol.)
Pin It!

4 comments:

Chari said...

I hope she has a lot of fun!!
I had a co-worker whos daughter did that, but I didn't know too much about it. I took ballet growing up and LOVED it, but my husband still does not like the idea of a future daughter taking ballet...I have no idea why! Maybe he'd be ok with the celtic dance. Good thing is that their costumes cover more than they do with ballet!!

momof3munchkins said...

Sounds like fun! Last year there were some celtic dancers at our local fair and my son loved them so much he started dancing along with them and wanted to keep going back to watch them! Hope your daughter has lots of fun!

HappilyDomestic said...

Chari,
Oh, ballet isn't too bad (immodest speaking)..It's the hip hop stuff I don't like. The girls act very seductive. Ballet is so cute and fun for little girls to do!

HappilyDomestic said...

Momof3munchkins,
Maybe you should get your son in Celtic dancing! lol. It's not just for girls ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...