Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day of School 2009

Last Monday the 10th we started our first day of Homeschool for the new school year. As many of you know from my previous posts, I have been homeschooling my two oldest children for the past 2 years. This year my son is in the 3rd grade and my daughter in 2nd. It makes it so much easier that they are close in grades. A few of their subjects I can actually teach together. Here is a list of the curriculum that I am using with them, so that you can get an idea as to what they will be learning. (this may be very boring to those of you who don't homeschool, if so.. scroll down to see the pictures instead.)

For my son:
*click on highlighted words to be directed to curriculum sites*
Bible- The Narrow Way
Math- School of Tomorrow Math
Phonics- Hooked on Phonics Master Reader
Spelling- School of Tomorrow Word Building
English- School of Tomorrow English
Handwriting- Handwriting Workout, Cursive
& manuscript
Health- Horizons 2nd Grade Health
Science- Various Science topics taught by Dad. :-)
Also, School of Tomorrow Animal Science
Journal Writing- Handwriting without Tears journal
Art- Artistic Pursuits
History- Brain Pop and various theme lessons
He will also be continuing in Piano lessons, starting Gymnatics,
and will participate in Contenders for the Faith Club.
~~~~~~~

For my Daughter:
*click on highlighted words to be directed to curriculum sites*
Bible: The Narrow Way
Math: Abeka 1st grade Arithmetic
& Hooked on Math
Phonics: Hooked on Phonics 1st grade
Spelling: School of Tomorrow Word Building 2nd grade
English: School of Tomorrow English 2nd grade
Handwriting- Handwriting without Tears 2nd grade
& manuscript
Health- Horizons 2nd Grade Health
Science- Various Science topics taught by Dad. :-)
Also, School of Tomorrow Animal Science
Journal Writing- Handwriting without Tears journal
Art- Artistic Pursuits
History- Brain Pop and various theme lessons
She will also take Piano lessons, Celtic dance,
and will participate in Keepers at Home Club


Since it was the first day of school, the kids asked if they could bring
a bear with them. Usually I have a no toy rule in the schoolroom.
They had fun with it. :-)

Our school calender

Busy doing Math

Another view

And what was the baby up to???
Getting into the wipes container and throwing
them all over the room!


Pin It!

2 comments:

Jackie at 3littleones said...

My kids love to play w/ wipes too!! What is it about the wipe box that they are so attracted to?

Yara said...

How fun! I still need to go put my table and chairs together, my oldest starts 2nd grade next Monday : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...