Monday, September 28, 2009

Dinner Menu week of September 28th


Monday~ Dinner with friends.
Chicken, Baked Beans, Potato Salad, Green Salad, and Pumkin Pie

Tuesday~ B.L.T. Sandwiches and Soup

Wednesday~ Chili Cheese Dogs

Thursday~ Oriental Garlic Chicken with Vegetables and Rice

Friday~ My Birthday Dinner at Red Robin (turning 31, Ahhhh!)

Saturday~ Church Function- Dinner at Church

Sunday~ Meat Loaf, Mixed Vegetables,
Mashed Potatoes and Whole Wheat yeast rolls

~
I made another menu plan! Of course it was easy this week with 3 dinners away from home. I am so proud of my grocery shopping trip yesterday. I spend a good deal of my morning clipping coupons, figuring deal scenarios, and making my list. I then shopped and it took me a couple hours. But, I saved $129.00 off my bill. The total was $333.00 and I managed to drop that down to $204.00. We normally do not spend that much but I hadn't done any major shopping in over 2 weeks.

Some of the great deals I snagged are: Free Glade scented oil candles, 2- four packs of yogurt for only .39 cents a piece, Huggies All Natural Diapers for only $6.00, several boxes of Kashi cereal for only $1.25 a piece, free grapes, 1 quart of Organic Valley milk for only .29 cents, Chocolate Chip cookie mix for .49 cents, etc.

I really scored with coupons! With my coupons alone I saved a little over 50 dollars and then over 70 dollars in store club card savings. :-) I love deals!
Pin It!

3 comments:

momof3munchkins said...

Feels good to save so much huh? I went to the store on Sat and paid only $20 for $48 worth of stuff with coupons! I really should try to plan my menus more too.

Chari said...

Good job!
Is there not a pumpkin shortage there? There is NO canned pumpkin around here! And I'm needing some for my recipes for my Fall Festival :-(

HappilyDomestic said...

Chari,
That is weird. We have plenty of pumpkin here. I actually bought a frozen sara lee pie though. :-) Can you buy a real baking pumpkin? It is more of a pain...but it should get the job done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...