Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fluff Talk Thursdays #5


Dad's on Cloth Diapering


(This photo is a re-enactment and not to be confused with
the actual diaper from my story.)


The Diaper Dilemma

If you read my previous Fluff Talk Thursday post, then you got to read about my amazing husband and his thoughts on cloth diapering.

Now, although he is pro-cloth he isn't pro-poo. Who is really?
Cloth diapers are the better option, but let's face it.. sometimes you get those REAL bad diapers that makes you question why in the world you decided to go cloth.


~

One day (not that long ago) my wonderful hubby had gotten the privilege of changing "one of those" diapers. He was in the bathroom with diaper in hand and scratching his head in wonderment.

He calls out to me, " What the heck am I suppose to do with this? It won't even come off the diaper!!"

I reply, " Figure it out!" (slightly annoyed)

Time passes and I figure he took care of the messy diaper and so I go about my business. Later that night I go into our bedroom and what do you think I find sitting on top of the changing table??? THE DIAPER. Not just the diaper but the full contents as well.

So THIS was his idea of figuring it out??? For shame!

Needless to say mama got the job of taking care of the lovely diaper. HUSBANDS!!...gotta love em'. :-)


NEXT WEEK:
Fun Diaper Accessories and the purposes they serve

*
Some clarification here...A cloth diaper accessory is anything you use in conjunction with the a cloth diaper that is NOT the actual diaper. Wet bags, pail liners, diaper sprayers, diaper duck, snappis, diaper safe creams and powders, deodorizers, etc.*

Here is some options as to what to do:
  • Write about your favorite diaper accessory. What you have tried, what works, which accessories were a flop, etc.
Haven't tried any accessories?
  • Link us up to any current cloth diaper or cloth diaper accessory giveaways.
  • Link us up to any of your previous cloth diaper related posts.

Please remember to use my "FTT" banner when participating in the assignment.* The banner with code can be found at the very bottom of my blog. Also, don't forget to leave the link to your post so that we can all visit and see.

To see last weeks Fluff Talk Thursday Post click here.
Instructions for Fluff Talk Thursdays, click here.



Pin It!

8 comments:

MaryAnne said...

This sounds like my husband, although he's figured things out by now...

I'll try to link up next week, but what do you mean by diaper accessories?

Chari said...

hahaha!
You think it was because of your "tone" ;-)

Good grief, I'm such a flop on the FTT meme!! I don't think I've tried any diaper accessories! I've always been a "minimalist" when it comes to buying baby stuff to begin with anyway.

Brassy said...

What is a cloth diaper "accessory"? Like... Snappis, the diaper sprayer, wet bags, stuff like that? Those three are pretty much all I can think of that would be an "accessory"!

HappilyDomestic said...

Some clarification here...Yes, a cloth diaper accessory is anything you use in conjunction with the a cloth diaper that is NOT the actual diaper. Wet bags, pail liners, diaper sprayers, diaper duck, snappis, diaper safe creams and powders, deodorizers, etc.

momof3munchkins said...

Your husband sounds a little like mine! What would happen to our poor kids if left with only their dads for a few days? :)

HappilyDomestic said...

My husband actually is so good about taking care of the poopies..didn't mean to sound like he wasn't. But, it was one of those diapers with the poo that is not going to come off no matter what! lol. :-)

HappilyDomestic said...

Oh, and now that we have a diaper sprayer..life is 100% easier! :-)

Annie said...

What a great story! My husband has moments like this too.....bless his heart!

Next week should be fun. I don't have very many accessories but I just LOVE my wipes warmer, even if my husband is iffy on the cloth wipes thing....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...