Monday, September 28, 2009

Juice Can Lid Toy



One of my son's most favorite toys is one I made myself. It is made mostly of recyclable materials, so is very inexpensive.

All you need to make this is:

- One empty nut can (preferably one with a solid colored lid)
- 10-15 Concentrated juice lids
( use only the tops, not the bottom off the juice can and never a cut lid off a regular can. Concentrated juice lids have no sharp edges and so are safe for baby)
- Stickers
- Paper (I used scrapbook paper)
- Some type of adhesive

Remove label off nut can. Clean nut can out. Cut a slit side enough for the juice lids to go through on top of lid (Like a bank). Glue your paper on your can. Decorate with stickers. Put stickers on each juice lid. ( Okay, this is pretty self explanitory...but I am anal so I thought I would say exactly how to make it. ) That's all! Hours of fun for babies and toddlers and little to no cost to you...especially if you already have stickers and paper at home.

Here is my latest creation. I made this for my friend's baby.

This can be very educational as you can teach your baby about animals, the sounds they make, counting, etc. Make several with different themed stickers to teach a variety of subjects.

Have fun!
Pin It!

7 comments:

Chari said...

What a great idea!!
I esp like that last one with all the zoo animals! Cute :-D

MaryAnne said...

I really love this idea - I need to start saving juice can lids so I can make one!

HappilyDomestic said...

MaryAnne,
I thought you of all people might enjoy this. :-) They are fun. It's not my own original idea though. When my daughter was little she saw an occupational therapist, who made one for her. It helped with her fine motor skills. Of course, hers was not as decorated as mine. ;-)

Southern Belle said...

What a great idea, I love it! Thanks for sharing. I think I will make one for Cubby.

Annie said...

My husband made a toy like this for my daughter when she was a baby! We used a large oatmeal container but I love the idea of juice lids to go inside...we just put a large slot for toys :)

Chic Mama said...

What a great idea! I love it! I am definitely going to have to make this for my boys!

HappilyDomestic said...

Thanks everyone! Your kiddos will love it. You'll have to show me your own creations when you make them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...