Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What's for Dinner?

Thought I would share my recipe for Turkey Enchiladas. It is one of our family favorites. My husband LOVES them. I usually only make them in the fall with our leftover Thanksgiving turkey, but found a great deal on a huge turkey breast last time I grocery shopped. I baked the turkey up and made some tonight! I learned how to make these from my dad. I do not have an official recipe, I make them from memory. Bear with me as I try and type this out.

Turkey Enchiladas

4-6 cups cooked turkey, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 can black olives, chopped
1 pound cheddar cheese, shredded
real mayonnaise
(enough to moisten meat mixture)
8-10 pack flour tortillas
1- 19 oz. can red enchilada sauce
( I like to use Old El Paso brand)
salt and pepper to taste

Mix turkey, onion, half of the black olives, 1/3 of the cheese, mayo and salt and pepper together in a large mixing bowl. Spoon meat mixture into flour tortillas and roll. Drizzle enough enchilada sauce into a baking pan to coat bottom. Add enchiladas. Pour remainder of sauce over top of enchiladas, followed by remainder of cheese, and then remainder of olives. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. (I have also added around a half tablespoon of sauce to each enchilada before rolling up and this helps with dryness)

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...