*THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED*
When I first heard about Blue Penguin Diapers and that they are made from natural materials such as organic cotton and hemp, I knew I wanted to try these out. The majority of my cloth diapering has been with fleece and micro-fleece and so I wanted to see what the difference between the two were. Also, Blue Penguin carries AIO diapers that have been given great reviews on how fast drying they are. This peaked my interest as well. I owned only one AIO and have always been disappointed at how long it takes to dry.
My Experience With Blue Penguin Diapers:
I was sent a chocolate brown SposoEasy AIO cloth diaper with snaps and hemp filler and a chocolate brown Sposoeasy AIO cloth diaper with velcro and organic cotton filler as well as an organic cotton doubler for nighttime use.
I was blown away by the quality of these diapers. They have a luxious look and feel to them. The deep chocolate brown is a beautiful color and looks so nice paired up with the natural fabrics. I love how it has an attached doubler for faster drying. I believe this is why so many other AIO take so long to dry. There is simply too many layers all sewn together. With the Sposoeasy I found these diapers dried just as quickly as my other diapers. (which is about 1 1/2 cycles on low in my drier). *You will want to wash these diapers several times before the first use for best absorbancy. Afterward, these diapers become softer and more absorbant with each washing.*
I was able to achieve a good fit on my son with both the snaps and velcro, but recommend the velcro for skinnier babies as it did seem to achieve the best overall fit with my skinny toddler. Another nice feature with thes diapers is that they contain openings at the back sides that allows you to tuck excess wings into. This prevents wing droop. Also in these openings, you will find the laundry tabs (on diapers with velcro). This is a smart feature because it "hides" the velcro making it impossible to get hung up in the laundry. Got to love that!
And I can't forget.... My son stayed dry in these diapers, even overnight!
About The SposoEasy AIO diaper:
The SposoEasy™ is simply the best all-in-one diaper with natural fleece fabric on the market today: the trimmest, softest natural cloth diaper out there! It was developed over more than six months and provides leak proof leg openings with no bindings to leave red marks; an adjustable fit at the waist with either aplix or snaps; a quick-dry attached doubler that easily accommodates a second or third doubler for night diapering; and a soft knit PUL exterior shell that is available in seven colors or white. There is no other diaper out there that provides all this and natural fabric next to baby's delicate skin.
Designed to be trim, leak-proof and comfortable for baby, the SposoEasy™ - Fleece Interior comes in two different natural fabrics: organically grown cotton and an antimicrobial hemp. Hemp fabric makes a great, all natural interior for cloth diapers because of it's durability, absorbency, anti-mildew and anti-microbial properties. Both hemp and organic cotton are easier on the environment than other fabrics as they are grown without the use of pesticides.
The use of hemp or organic cotton fabric makes the interior of this diaper similar to the interior of a sweatshirt. The brushed side of the fabric is very soft and fluffy when it is brand new and as you wash it, the fluffiness decreases over time. Just like your favorite old sweatshirt, this diaper will still be soft and comfy (and absorbent!) for baby after repeated washings.
Extremely functional, the SposoEasy™ doesn’t lack for style! Available in either aplix or snap versions, there are also seven colors (sage green, chocolate brown, aqua, black, lilac, raspberry pink and buttercup yellow) or white from which to choose.
The SposoEasy comes in a variety of sizes from Extra-Small to Large to fit your baby at every stage! Bear in mind when sizing is based on weight, you must also use your judgment about the build of your baby. A tall 20lb baby is very different in build than a short 20 lb baby!
About blue Penguin Company:
In 1993, Blue Penguin was born in the garage of Avima Yaffe. Having just given birth to her third child, motherhood had deepened Avima's awareness of environmental concerns. She wanted to do what she could to help leave the world a clean place for her children. At the same time, she realized that "disposable" diapers were creating a major landfill and pollution problem in the United States. Avima had been trained in engineering and then in biology; what a perfect combination of training and philosophical focus!
After much research and several prototypes, Avima developed a cloth diaper of the most healthy, natural fabric available at the time - 100% cotton - engineered to be well-fitting, leak-proof and comfortable for baby. She designed her diaper to look and "act" like a disposable. It was every bit as easy to put on and take off as any disposable. It fit well and was leak-proof, like disposables. It was, however, far better than any disposable could ever be. Not only was this diaper easy to use, it was also made from breathable, environmentally friendly cloth...it would not be going into our landfills since it was reusable. Hence, the Re-Uz'M™ was born!
Additionally, the design of the diaper, with a unique "quick dry" doubler sewn in, made it easy to clean and faster to dry than other cloth diapers. For a number of years, Avima worked building the business and ultimately began being carried by a number of online catalogs, With the growth of the Internet, she also began to sell as a factory outlet site online, directly to customers. At that point, in 2004, she began to look for a successor to take over the business and was joined by Carol Stewart as a business partner.
Blue Penguin Diapers
In January of 2005, Carol purchased Blue Penguin and has taken over all operations of the business. For Carol, Blue Penguin represents a meeting point of both her environmental awareness and her background in non-profit management. While Blue Penguin is not a non-profit business, Carol operates it based on a clear mission statement.
Based in the Glassell Park area of Los Angeles, California, Blue Penguin's products are manufactured in a bright airy workshop to which the office is attached. At our shop we receive fabrics, plan inventory, cut from patterns and sew all of our garments. We also ship all orders from our workshop directly to our customers. One of Carol's great developments since she has owned Blue Penguin has been the SposoEasy™ All-in-One. She designed this AIO in an effort to create an easy to use, easy to care for, well fitting, leak-proof and environmentally friendly diaper. At our shop, we have a staff that fluctuates between four and ten depending on demand: Hector is our fabric cutter, Elva, Maria, Blanca, Golla, Laura and Tomasa sew and trim, interns help with office work, Danny helps organize the warehouse, and Bri and Carol do a little bit of everything! Carol ensures that everyone who works at Blue Penguin lives and works in the United States legally, is paid above minimum wage, has safe working conditions and lives locally, in order to support the local economy and help boost the neighborhood.
At Blue Penguin, we think diapering should be easy, natural is healthy and conserving money and natural resources is important, so at our company we aim to do it all! We are a community-aware, family friendly workplace that is determined to make quality products.
Want to own one of these great AIO Diapers yourself?
Buy it! You can purchase online directly from Blue Penguin (where they offer FREE SHIPPING to the USA with any order!!) or from one of their many retailers. Click here.
Win it! Blue Penguin has generously offered one lucky Happily Domestic reader one SposoEasy AIO diaper in their choice of size/color/closure/interior as well as a extra diaper doubler for nighttime absorbency. $26.00 value!
How to enter:
First Mandatory entry:
Visit Blue Penguin Diapers and look around, tell me what other products they sell that you would love to have. *Remember to leave your email address in your comment!*
After you have completed your first entry you are eligible for additional entries. *See my giveaway instructions here for more information. * *Remember to leave a separate comment for each additional entry and include your e-mail address.*
- Follow my blog publicly through Google friend connect (can be found at my right sidebar.) - current follows count too! Counts as 2 entries, leave separate comments for each entry. Example "I follow you blog publicly #1" and "I follow your blog publicly #2".
- Subscribe to my blog emails via Feedburner. Sign up box on my right sidebar. Counts for 2 entries! Leave separate comments saying that you do this.
- Blog about THIS giveaway between October 19th and 26th and gain TWO entries!!! link back to my site- leave the URL where you blogged. Please leave separate comments for each entry. Example "I blogged about your Blue Penguin giveaway@ #1" then "I blogged about your Blue Penguin giveaway@ #2". Blogging about the giveaway after the 26th of October only counts for ONE entry.
- Grab my button! (found at right sidebar)- Leave the URL where it is posted.
- Follow HappilyDomestic on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (counts as 1 entry)- after this you may "tweet" daily and gain an extra entry each day that you tweet-limit one per day. *Leave your tweet status.*
- Vote for me at TOP 100 MOMMY BLOGGERS, link button is found at my top left sidebar. Leave a comment saying that you voted for me. This only counts for new votes.
- Enter any of my current giveaways, leave a comment and tell me which giveaway you entered. Counts as 1 entry per giveaway entered. Please leave separate comments per giveaway you entered.
- If you earned the 5 extra entries for blogging about my Cloth Diaper Giveaway event early, leave 5 separate comments saying that you did this. *For these entries to be valid you had to have commented on my extra entries post.* Click here for more info.
- If you earned the 5 extra entries for Grabbing my Cloth Diaper Giveaway event button early, leave 5 separate comments saying that you did this. *For these entries to be valid you had to have commented on my extra entries post.* Click here for more info.
- Follow Blue Penguin on Twitter. Click here. Leave a comment saying that you did this.
- Follow Blue Penguin on Facebook. Click here. Leave a comment saying that you did this.
- Sign up for Blue Penguins Mailing List. Leave a comment saying that you did this. Click here to be directed (Sign up box can be found in upper, left hand corner)
*This giveaway is open to USA residents ONLY. Must be 18 years old or older to win.*
*THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED*