Thursday, October 22, 2009

Swine Flu Update

Wanted to give you all an update as to how we are all doing. I am sure you have been curious. Well, I am on the recovering end of things. My fever finally broke 2 days ago. I now feel like I have just the typical crummy cold. As for my children goes...they are all very sick. My oldest son came down with it 3 days ago and my daughter and 1 year old son got it yesterday. The doctor prescribed Tamiflu for the two youngest because they are considered "high risk" but my oldest son isn't getting it. :-( Too bad because he has been absolutely miserable.

Today the baby started up with wheezing and a barky cough. I took him in and he has croup on top of the flu. We started a steroid liquid tonight to help with that. I am a little nervous to go to bed tonight, we may be in for a very ruff night.

Please continue to pray. I know this eventually will end but in the meantime I am stressed to the max and absolutely exhausted.
Pin It!

13 comments:

Chari said...

Sorry you are all sick, but look at it this way...at least you have it now so you won't be getting it right after the new baby is here!

That is strange that they didn't give him Tamiflu....really strange. I know you do have to start taking it within 72 hours after you become sick to be effective. In fact what we do is give it to the whole family to take when someone does get sick so their case will be lighter when they do come down with it.

Has your husband gotten it yet? It may be a very good idea for him to get Tamiflu as well. It typically takes 1.5 to 2 weeks when you are exposed to get sick. So if he wasn't exposed the same time you are all he probably didn't get exposed until you all came down with it.

momof3munchkins said...

I'm sorry you guys are going through this! Praying for a speedy recovery for all!

lil miss' mama said...

I can't even imagine how hard this must be for you and your family!

Mindy said...

You'll be in my prayers. So sorry you're all going through this, especially with your new baby on the way. I hope you all feel better soon!

The Mommy Homemaker said...

Prayers are coming your way right now! ~Marina

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

We have had 3 cases in our family...It has been a sick Sept and Oct from the stomach bug to the swine flu....I am so ready for it to be over...Loved visiting your blog...Blog hopping is one of my favorite things to do.
Hope you will stop by my Christmas blog...a great giveaway will be given away Sunday night....

http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

The Jacobsen Family! said...

Oh, I am so sorry! Will definitely continue to pray for your family! It's tough enough when the kiddos are sick, but even harder when you're not feeling well yourself (and preg on top of it all!). Hang in there!

Attila & Tamara said...

I hope you got some sleep last night. Praying for you!

MaryAnne said...

Sorry to hear things are so tough. You will all be in our prayers for a smooth recovery.

janelle said...

Your poor family! Get well soon.

Southern Belle said...

Praying for you Beth! I can only imagine how stressed you must be right now.

Delanea said...

Will pray for your family that you all feel better soon. You may want to try a Vitamin D supplement - it really tends to help the recovery process along. Hang in there, and try to get some rest yourself!

Sheri said...

Oh my goodness! I will be praying for your family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...