I am new to baby wearing. This may seem surprising as I am a mother of four! It's not to say I have never tried. In the past I have tried out several baby carriers, but they were cheap ones that offered no support to my back and shoulders. I have scoliosis and had surgery for it when I was thirteen. My back hurts when I carry too much weight. The cheap carriers I tried always gave me back pain. They pulled on my neck and shoulders and made baby wearing an unpleasant experience for me. I pretty much gave up on it and assumed that it could not be for me.
A few years ago I read a wonderful review about the ERGO baby carrier in Above Rubies magazine. This review talked all about how the ERGO carrier was the most supportive carrier that these women had found. This intrigued me as it was coming from several mothers of large families. These women had tried many baby carriers over the years.
Later when my husband & I first started attending our church, I noticed almost all the moms with babies had an ERGO. I asked what they thought of their carriers and they all agreed that the ERGO was the best they have ever tried. I knew then and there that the ERGO was the baby carrier I wanted for our next baby!
I was beyond thrilled when I was given the wonderful opportunity to try out an organic ERGO baby carrier and the new Heart2Heart infant insert. I must say I LOVE this baby carrier! Not only can I carry my new baby, but can also use this same carrier with my 20 month old toddler. The ERGO carrier allows you to baby wear from birth to 40 pounds!
What I love most about the ERGO carrier is the same thing that attracted me to it in the first place...the ability to wear my babies without stress and strain on my shoulders and back. The ERGO carrier equally distributes your child's weight between your shoulders and hips. For me I noticed the difference in what I felt when wearing the ERGO verses the other carriers I tried in the past. I could tell right away that I was carrying the weight in my hips. It was not uncomfortable though.
More Reasons To Love ERGO Baby Carriers:
- The ERGO baby carrier is easy to use and can be used for wearing your baby up front, on your hip, as well as on your back.
- The ERGO carrier gives you the freedom to remain active and productive in your daily life, and holds your baby secure to your body so you are HandsFree.
- ERGO baby carriers are designed to support a natural sitting position for babies, eliminating compression of the spine and hips that can be caused by unsupported suspension.
- Comes in a wide variety of colors, prints and organic materials.
The Heart2Heart Infant Insert gives your newborn a soft place to sleep while being snug close to their mama's. Since your baby is in it's own little nest, you can conveniently remove your sleeping baby (while in insert) not disturbing their rest.
About ERGO Baby Company:
ERGObaby is a family owned and operated company located on Maui, Hawaii. Since 2003, we have been providing parents with the most thoughtful, highest quality, and most innovative babywearing products and accessories found on the market. It is our mission to educate parents about attachment parenting, babywearing, and related topics, to improve the way our next generations of babies are introduced into the world. We are committed to excellent customer service, including immediate order response and friendly support of product use. We market the ERGObaby LifeStyle globally and have created an efficient team that is dedicated to reliability and serving our customers with integrity and a positive spirit.
The ERGO Baby Carrier was initially developed out of a personal need when Karin Frost, our owner and designer, had her son in 2001 and created a carrier for him. With help and feedback from other parents, the ERGObaby design was born. Word of mouth has expanded this single carrier design into a globally recognized family of baby carriers and accessories.
WIN IT- ERGO Baby has generously offered to give one of my lucky readers an ERGO Hands Free System. This includes an ERGO baby carrier, ERGO backpack, and ERGO front pouch. $175 value.
Here is how to enter:
First Mandatory entry:
Visit ERGO Baby and tell me something you learned about the company and or products. *Remember to leave your email address in your comment!*
After you have completed your first entry you are eligible for additional entries. *See my giveaway instructions here for more information. * *Remember to leave a separate comment for each additional entry and include your e-mail address.*
- Follow my blog publicly through Google friend connect (can be found at my right sidebar.) - current follows count too! Counts as 2 entries, leave separate comments for each entry. Example "I follow you blog publicly #1" and "I follow your blog publicly #2".
- Subscribe to my blog emails via Feedburner. Sign up box on my right sidebar. Counts for 2 entries! Leave separate comments saying that you do this.
- Blog about THIS giveaway between January 1st and January 30th and gain TWO entries!!! link back to my site- leave the URL where you blogged. Please leave separate comments for each entry. Example "I blogged about your ERGO giveaway@ #1" then "I blogged about your ERGO giveaway@ #2".
- If you earned the 5 extra entries for blogging about my Blessed Event, leave 5 separate comments saying that you did this. *For these entries to be valid you had to have commented on my extra entries post.* Click here for more info.
- If you earned the 5 extra entries for Grabbing my Blessed Event button, leave 5 separate comments saying that you did this. *For these entries to be valid you had to have commented on my extra entries post.* Click here for more info.
- Grab my Happily Domestic button! (found at right sidebar)- Leave the URL where it is posted.
- Follow HappilyDomestic on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (counts as 1 entry)- after this you may "tweet" daily and gain an extra entry each day that you tweet-limit one per day. Leave your tweet status.
- Vote for me at TOP 100 MOMMY BLOGGERS, link button is found at my top left sidebar. Leave a comment saying that you voted for me. This only counts for new votes.
- Enter any of my current giveaways, leave a comment and tell me which giveaway you entered. Counts as 1 entry per giveaway entered. Please leave separate comments per giveaway you entered.
- Follow ERGO on Twitter. Click here. Leave a comment saying that you did.
who provided me with the product for review.
All opinions are my own and no other compensation
was received to conduct this review and giveaway.
*THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED*