Monday, December 21, 2009

Job Update

I realized I never did give you all an update on my husband's job situation. Well, he ended up not getting laid off after all. They kept extending when his last day was suppose to be. On the Wednesday before Thanksgiving they told him that he was done. My husband noticed that they did not include his last paycheck in with the check he picked up. He asked them about it and they said, "Well, come back Monday". He was wondering, "Come back Monday and work or come get the check?" He was a little confused as to what they wanted to him to do.

On that following Monday he called his boss and they said that he could come in and work. After work on Monday they told him that he could finish out the week. Nothing like toying with the poor guy. So then on Friday they told him that they could put him on another job they have at our local college. (My husband is a journeyman electrician and works for the union.) So, now he is at the college.

He took a $7.00 an hour pay cut with this new job. It will be extremely tight for us. We haven't made this little since about 5 or 6 years ago and now have 6 people in our family instead of 4. It will be hard until he finds something better. We are thankful for the work though. It does pay more then unemployment. I will need to learn to be more resourceful and need to get serious about using coupons once again. I know that God will take care of us though, he always has.

Thanks to all of you that have prayed on our behalf. I know those prayers have been answered. It may not look like the type of answer we were wanting but so many others are suffering far greater. We have a lot to be thankful for.
Pin It!

8 comments:

MamaMonkey said...

So glad he has work. Hang in there!

Kristen said...

I know the feeling...you're thankful for what you have...but wonder how it will be enough! God will provide!

GroverFamily said...

Hang in there im sure God has a plan for you guys!

Chari said...

I'm glad he still has work. Everything will work out!

Michelle said...

Beth,
I'm sure you already know about The Thrifty Mom blog, but if not, she has great coupons, rebates, etc. Her site saves you the work & time of having to find the week's deals. This may help stretch hubby's paycheck. You are in my thoughts & prayers.
Michelle

Nikki said...

I'm so glad to hear he still has employment (even if it's not an ideal situation right now). I'm praying for a new and wonderful opportunity for him!

Patricia (Mummatutu) said...

glad to hear he still has some work. God will provide and I try to remember to live within our means and not to far out of them. Although, if we are already living out of them it is so difficult to get things under control and back within them! :) good luck!

Tamara said...

Thank God for small miracles, right?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...