Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lily Padz Review


Lily Padz are the revolutionary alternative to traditional nursing pads combining such unique features as flexibility, breathability, invisibliity, and "sticks-to-you-ability" to provide the kind of protection every expectant and nursing mother needs.

How They Work:
LilyPadz apply a gentle pressure on the nipple to stop breast milk leakage while they are properly in place. LilyPadz have a unique and tacky lining so they adhere gently to your skin without the use of any adhesives.

Lily Padz History:

Lily Padz were invented by a young mother of three who knew there had to be an alternative to unsighlty, inconvienient and costly disposible nursing pads..and she was right!


My Experience:

I have never been a fan of nursing pads. They do not stop breast leakage, but only function by absorbing breast milk. I don't know about you, but I do not want to walk around with soggy pads in my bra. The other part I can't stand is the extra bulk. Most nursing moms feel a little embarrassed by their increased breast size while nursing. Do we really need padding as well?

When I first discovered Lily Padz I was so intrigued! Wouldn't it be nice to have a washable nursing pad that did not add bulk whatsoever and that actually prevented leaks??? I knew I had to try them.

Lily Padz sent me a pair of Lily Padz for review and I was thrilled. I was amazed at how thin and soft the Lily Padz are. They are simple to use and adhere well. One of the most impressive features of the Lily Padz is how light weight they are. Honestly when I wear them I forget I have them on. I have a funny story about this too.

I had on my Lily Padz one day when I took my two oldest children to their piano lessons. While I was there I needed to nurse my baby. I put on my nursing cover and proceeded to put baby J to my breast. Well, he was frantically moving his face back and forth and I was stumped as to why he could not get latched on. Then I remembered... I had on my Lily Padz!! It was pretty funny.

I have been so pleased with Lily Padz. I will not ever go back to traditional nursing pads again.

Features You Will Love:
  • Lily Padz are washable. They dry fast and can be used again and again.
  • You can swim with Lily Padz on! (How awesome is that)
  • You can go braless with Lily Padz. Whoo-hoo!
  • Lily Padz protect the nipple from excess moisture.

Where to Buy:

You can purchase Lily Padz directly from their site. Click here. You can also purchase them from many retailers. Find a store near you with Lily Padz store locater.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Little Miss Emmy Lou said...

Thanks for the review... I was wondering about this product. Wanted to try it but I hadnt heard anyone say they had tried them before so I was hesitant!

JJINJERSEY said...

I like these OK but they require more maintenance than I can handle - e.g., washing them. However, if you can get past that they do a great job. when my baby was 5 weeks old I had to wear a nice dress to a wedding and I was very, very, very milky. I leaked all over - into the lily pad, which totally held it all. I should try them out again now that I'm less... abundant.

This Beautiful Mess said...

I have used these with all three of my children, the youngest of who is four months old and currently nursing. The washing doesn't bother me because the effectiveness is so much BETTER than anything else out there that I have tried! It's hardly maintenance if you ask me. Great product!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...