Thursday, January 14, 2010

Project 365- Day 14 and a Recipe

1.14.2010
Our Dinner
Homemade Beef Stroganoff

It was delicious!! I love this stuff.
Here is the recipe...

1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak
1 8-ounce carton dairy sour cream
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon granules
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons margarine or butter
1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (4 ounces)
1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups hot cooked noodles (I use egg noodles)


1. Trim fat from meat. Partially freeze beef. Thinly slice across the grain into bite-size strips. In a small mixing bowl stir together sour cream and flour. Stir in water, bouillon granules, and pepper. Set aside.

2. In a large skillet cook and stir half of the meat in hot margarine or butter over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or to desired doneness. Remove from skillet. Add remaining meat, mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir till meat reaches desired doneness. Drain off fat. Return all meat and vegetables to skillet.

3. Stir flour mixture into skillet. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Serve over noodles. Makes 4 servings.

Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes

Recipe from: The Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book

*I double this recipe. My husband likes to take leftovers to work for lunch. I also cook a whole bag of egg noodles when making this recipe and mix the meat & sauce mixture with the noodles. I find that if I serve the sauce and noodles separate, everyone takes too much sauce. We then end up throwing away a whole bowl of extra noodles. This way you get more out of the recipe. You gotta think resourceful ladies! ~Beth*
Pin It!

6 comments:

Chari said...

wow that looks so good!

whocg23 said...

That looks and sounds really good. I may have to snag this recipe. :)

The Jacobsen Family! said...

I have a yummy, easy Stroganoff recipe we love around here. I may have to try this one though! Looks delish! =)

Ricia (Mummatutu) said...

did you steal that recipe from my dad?? LOL He makes it exactly the same from scratch and MMMM it is soooo yummy!!

glenda09 said...

Ill have to make this when I come come and heal from the hospital after having my C-sec in 9 more days! Im on bed rest now and no way I could do it :( I think she might come sooner so we will see! I cant wait to make that!!! Thanks for posting!

friendlyfrugalista said...

My 15-year old loves to make Stroganoff (from a box) but we're trying to get away from pre-packaged foods. This recipe looks perfect! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...