Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Family Update

I thought that it was high time for an update! Since cutting back my computer time drastically, I have had to focus on getting done what was absolutely necessary on my blog when I have gotten on. The Great Girl event had me staying up until midnight most nights, but I am proud of myself for sticking to my restrictions. The fact that I pulled off a whole event when only allowing myself computer time after the kids went to bed is quite an achievement (if I do say so myself).

What else have we been up to?

My husband and I decided to go ahead and sell our house. We have lived in the same small house since 2000 and have outgrown it. Our house is only 1,300 square feet, 3 bedroom, and 1 bath. We also do not have a garage since we converted it into a family room. Needless to say we are in desperate need of more storage, another bathroom and at least 4 bedrooms.

Trying to sell a house is so stressful. My husband has been doing an endless amount of repairs, we rented a storage unit and cleared out a bunch of stuff, and I have been cleaning and cleaning and cleaning. It is all rather exhausting. I am trying to keep the house in a state so that if the realtor calls we can be ready to show the house within an hour. Have you ever heard the saying "Trying to clean house with kids is like shoveling snow in a snow storm"? Whoever said that quote was a very wise person indeed.

My 9 year old son has been busy studying his math for all his state testings. The testing started today. He has been seeing a tutor for the past 2 months twice a week. It has made life busier then normal for all of us and we will be thankful when it is all over. He has worked hard. Besides the extra math, he continues taking piano lessons once a week and in his free time keeps busy building legos, reading his favorite Magic Tree House books and driving his sister crazy. He also loves his two baby brothers and helps with them all day long. He is a tremendous blessing to me. I don't know how I would do it without him.

Our baby girl as you know just had a birthday on the 15th and turned 8. I can hardly believe it! We celebrated with a small spa party/sleepover with two of her good friends. We had pizza, cherry and chocolate cake, and strawberry ice cream. I gave the three girls all pedicures and manicures. They loved it! Afterward they all got cozy on the couch and watched "Nancy Drew". It was a fun birthday. My daughter was especially thrilled that I hosted the girl event on my blog for her. She has been loving all her gifts. Apart from her birthday my daughter has been busy with school and piano practice. She can be found most days reading a book, playing with her dolls, or making some kind of arts and crafts. She loves to help in the kitchen and is always curious about everything around her (sometimes to the point that it gets her in trouble).

Baby "E" is soon to be 2 years old next month! After dealing with real low muscle tone and a year and a half of physical therapy, I am happy to announce that our little guy is finally walking!!! He took his first steps last month when we were in Washington, but didn't actually start up walking until last week. He is doing well with it but gets so embarrassed if you make a big deal and cheer. He is a bit on the shy side. He is using more words all the time and signs for a few things as well. He is still the mellowest kid you will ever meet. You will find him most of the time sucking his thumb and holding his blankie.

Baby "J" is now 4 1/2 months old. He has gotten so big and strong. He weighs around 14 pounds and is 24 1/2 inches long. He is getting to be quite the little chunk too, with chubby cheeks and rolls on his wrists! My new nickname for him has been "chubbers". He laughs and coos now and is developing his own little personality. He is a high demand baby, wants to be held and cries quite a bit. He keeps everyone in the family on their toes. We are constantly all rushing to stick his pacifier in his mouth. What would we do without that handy invention??

Well, there is a quick update for you all. I could say a lot more but it is getting late and I have to be up by 6:30 am tomorrow morning. More testing! Thanks to all of you who have faithfully read my blog and been supportive of my endeavors. I don't always have the time to blog all that I would like but I hope that I have managed to still keep this blog an interesting place to visit. :-)

~Beth
Pin It!

4 comments:

Chari said...

I'm glad to hear everything is going well. I can't believe how much Baby J has grown!!

I know how stressful it is to keep the house clean when you are trying to sell it! We're getting ready to put ours on the market too. I'm hoping my new journal system will help me keep on top of my housework.

Frugal Tumbleweed Acres said...

Your have such a lovely family. (You will be shoveling that snow for a long time......even after the house is sold.)
Wishing you great luck in getting it sold. The kids will be flabbergasted by all the room in a larger home. lol
Marj M.

Shelley said...

Yay for E! I'm so happy that he's walking. Of everything on your blog, I enjoy the family updates the most!

Trish and Rob said...

Wow I don't know how you find time for it all! Good job! And I am still so excited to win my new shoes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...