Monday, March 1, 2010

Nifty Nappy Nifty Knickers

I LOVE My Nifty Knickers!

Baby E sporting his new wool longies.


I recently purchased a couple pair of wool longies from Nifty Nappy. I wanted to share because I am so very pleased with my purchase. Aren't these adorable? Vilate from Nifty Nappy makes her wool longies from upcycling wool sweaters she buys at local thrift shops. I love that she can make someones old cast off sweater into an adorable and functional piece of clothing for my toddler.

Nifty Nappy
makes custom longies for only $20. They come lanolized and ready for use. For those of you that do not know about the great function of wool...well, it can be used right over a fitted cloth diaper and will function as a cover. The coolest part about it wool is that it is anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, which helps it not to retain odors and is a natural fire retardant. It can absorb up to 40% of its weight in liquid and it allows the body to breathe. Wool also has the ability to regulate body temperature, it will keep your child warm in winter and cool in summer. You do not even have to wash it when it gets wet. Simple air dry and re-use. You can do this for a few weeks until washing is necessary (unless of course your baby gets #2 on it..then wash it for pete's sake). Wool is amazing and as I learn more about it, the more I love it.

Even if you do not cloth diaper your baby, wool longies are wonderful to keep your baby warm at night. Use them for pajama bottoms or for warm pants during the cold winter months. They would even be great to keep your little one warn and dry during snow play.
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...