As many of you know, I am becoming a big fan of cloth diapering with wool. I love the breathability it offers as well as the multi-function of being a diaper cover and pants. You may think that wool will cause your baby to become over heated, but with wool it is actually the opposite. Wool captures and circulates air to insulate your baby when the temperature falls, and releases excess body heat and moisture as temperatures rise, to create the perfect micro-climate around their body. This makes cloth diapering with wool a year round possibility. Wool also can absorb up to 35% of it's own weight making it perfect for cloth diapering, especially at night.
Sustainablebabyish wool knit longies are made from 93% wool | 7% lycra with öko-tex certified wool yarns. They are double-layer knit, breathable, soft, and comfortable. Pair with sustainablebabyish fitteds, flats, and snapless-multi diapers for day & night cloth diapering. Can be used on babies from newborn to toddler with 4 sizes to choose from.
About Sloomb (from their site):
we love what we do. we care about what goes into our products. we care about what we leave behind for our kids. sustainablebabyish|sloomb♥tm was born out of the need for a better fit, a softer hand, & the desire to bring earth-friendly baby products in great colors to your home. we are committed to offering you a low impact, durable product for you & your children to love and enjoy. the life cycle of our products is important - most of our products are made by hand in the USA, by women who are paid fair wages and who care about what they make. most of our fabric is organic or an organic blend. we use low impact dyes. we recycle our fabric and donate seconds to communities in need. we have a paperless office - you will not receive paper receipts and extra packaging. your items will arrive safely and securely in 100% recycled mailers, no plastic. we expect our products to be given to another when your little ones outgrow them - they are made to last that long. you have a choice - there is a difference. together we are moving forward to bring about positive change, without leaving too much behind. sustainablebabyish|sloomb♥tm continues to look towards new, sustainable textiles and processes for hip and ethical solutions to diapering and clothing children, while leading the growing and diverse market in style and concept innovation.
We were sent an organic bamboo fleece fitted cloth diaper (natural/squash color) and a pair of wool knit longies (sprout color) for review. What an adorable combination! This diaper is super soft and durable. I love the bright orange snaps and coordinating stitching. With a snap in soaker and 3-layer bamboo fleece doubler, there is no chance of leaks. Our diaper is a size medium and fit both my 5 month old and 2 year old wonderfully.
The wool knit longies have a wide stretchy waistband that fits comfortably on my toddler. I was impressed that the longies stayed in place despite my son's skinny waist. He seems so comfy in these and has been wearing them for both day and night. As with the wool I have experienced in the past, these longies stay dry to the touch even after a very wet diaper. This is the beauty of wool.
Another cool thing I have to mention is the tag that came with the wool longies is made of plantable, wildflower, recycled stock. You can actually plant the tag in potting soil or your garden and grow flowers! Isn't that clever?
Hands down I am thoroughly impressed by sustainablebabyish's cloth diapering products. They are well made, function beautifully, stylish, and brought to you by a company that really cares about our environment. What more can you ask for?
You can buy sustainablebabyish cloth diapers, cloth diaper accessories, and their knit wool longies & soakers from their website at Sloomb.com. Use coupon code "HappilyDomestic" for 10% off your entire order from now until May 18th. You can also shop at one of their many retailers. Click here to find a store near you!
With each sustainablebabyish cloth diaper/cover purchase you make a tree is planted in Southeast Asia. This is because sustainablebabyish has partnered with Trees for the Future to offset the carbon generated in the production and care of each of their organic cloth diapers.
WIN IT- sustainablebabyish ♥ is giving one very lucky Happily Domestic reader a pair of wool knit longies in their choice of color AND organic bamboo fleece fitted cloth diaper!! $87.00 Value
Here is how to enter:
First Mandatory entry:
Visit Sloomb.com tell me which other products they sell that you would like to try. *Remember to leave your email address in your comment! You MUST do this to win.*
After you have completed your first entry you are eligible for additional entries. *See my giveaway instructions here for more information. *
- Follow my blog publicly through Google friend connect (can be found at my right sidebar.) - current follows count too! Counts as 2 entries, leave separate comments for each entry. Example "I follow you blog publicly #1" and "I follow your blog publicly #2".
- Subscribe to my blog emails via Feedburner. Sign up box on my right sidebar. Counts for 2 entries! Leave separate comments saying that you do this.
- Blog about THIS giveaway between April 27th and May 14th and gain TWO entries!!! link back to my site- leave the URL where you blogged. Please leave separate comments for each entry. Example "I blogged about your Sloomb giveaway@ #1" then "I blogged about your Sloomb giveaway@ #2".
- Grab my Happily Domestic button! (found at right sidebar)- Leave the URL where it is posted.
- Follow HappilyDomestic on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (counts as 1 entry)- after this you may "tweet" daily and gain an extra entry each day that you tweet-limit one per day. Leave your tweet status.
- Vote for me at TOP 100 MOMMY BLOGGERS, link button is found at my top left sidebar. Leave a comment saying that you voted for me. This only counts for new votes.
- Follow Sloomb on Twitter. Click here. Leave a comment saying that you did.
- Sign up for Sloomb's email newsletter. Click here. Leave a comment saying that you did this.
*This giveaway is open WORLDWIDE. Must be 18 years old or older to win.*
*THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED*