Friday, May 28, 2010

I deserve a gold medal....


For spending 2 hours and 45 minutes shopping with 4 children (one of which I carried in my ERGO carrier).... in WAL MART of all places.....on a VERY BUSY day with all the Memorial Day shoppers. I endured at least 5 comments of, "You've got your hands full!", One "Can you possibly have any more kids" (really? How rude is that!!! But this WAS Walmart mind you). It took me two shopping carts to get to my van and then there was the task of unloading the carts and then unloading when we got home. I am pooped!!

We are going camping tomorrow. We try and go every Memorial Day weekend. Spending two nights sleeping in a tent with my two babies, nursing in the freezing cold in the middle of the night, dealing with the weather and trying to do everything I normally do at home outdoors does not really seem fun to me. However, I married an outdoor maniac and so I will endure for my husband because I love him and because I know the rest of my family enjoys it. It's my duty! lol.

I will post about our trip when I return home. I also have quite a few giveaways for you and all sorts of fun things to help you enjoy your summer.

I hope you all have have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Be blessed,
Beth
Pin It!

13 comments:

Michelle - Mom of 3 Munchkins said...

You are brave! I wouldn't even attempt Walmart on a holiday weekend without kids! Enjoy your camping!

Jhona O. said...

Hooray!!! That is quite an accomplishment. And you lived to tell about it:) Have a great time camping! I do love camping, especially tent camping! You're making wonderful memories.

Jessie said...

Seriously?? People actually said that to you?!? Wow...maybe it's because I come from a medium-large size family, but I don't think 4 kids is anything to comment about. Don't get me wrong, you TOTALLY deserve a medal for braving wal-mart with all of them by yourself, but the comments seem unnecessary.

Hilda said...

my latest trip to walmart with my 3 kids was abruptly ended due to my oldest ripping his finger nail off on the wheel of the shopping cart... don't ask...

and yes, nursing in the freezing cold while camping does but a damper on the whole camping experience. hope you still have a good time!!

Missy said...

I do not understand why some people feel like it is their business to make comments like that.
And yes, you do deserve a gold medal after that. lol

Have a great weekend.

Chari said...

oh yes you do, I agree!! wow two baskets is a lot of stuff!

I love how people are negative- whether you have 15 or 1 kids, it's always negative comments!

HappilyDomestic said...

Thanks everyone...Yes, people are rude and ignorant. If they are not insulting me for having 4 children, then they are calling me crazy for homeschooling or making a rude comment about how short I am. I am used to their stupidity and just roll my eyes and walk away.

Jill said...

Shop AFTER 8 pm or BEFORE 8 am for premium results, you only get the late-shifters in there, and not the crowds. Saturday AM is a GREAT time to shop!

Tamara said...

I'd give you that medal for sure. I don't even like going to the grocery store with my ONE daughter!

Hapi said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Katie said...

Oh my...I could have written this myself! I just got back from Sam's Club with my 4 children (one of whom was in an Ergo, too!) and got TONS of comments as I always do. I always here that same exact comment "You sure have your hands full! And this time I got the comment "Are they all yours?!" We are going camping this weekend. My hubby is an outdoorsy man, too. It is not really in my comfort zone, but I know he just loves it, so I do it because it makes him happy. I know it's great for our family, too. Do you cloth diaper while you camp? I haven't tried that one yet. We buy sposies for the trip because I'm just not sure how CDs would work.

fancygrlnancy said...

Sending a medal your way!! You rock!!! Have fun, can't wait to hear about it when you return.

Me and Mine in a Small Town said...

2 gold medals, I feel you should get! Oh and a bravery medal as well!! Wow, people just say the darndest things! I have a friend who has 5 kids and a foreign exchange student and when they go to Wally World people stare and some shake their heads. I went with them once with my son and baby and I felt like I was in the circus with all the looks! LOL I WISH I could have 10 kids! Could you imagine what they would say then?! My grandma had 18, but they all didn't go to the store together. That would have been a scene!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...