Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Our Utah Trip- (WARNING- lots of pictures!)

Now that it has been nearly 2 weeks since my family's trip to Utah, I have finally gotten around to blogging about it. We left for St. George, Utah on the 12th of May. We spent over 7 hours in our van with our 4 children to get there...but it was worth it. We then spent 5 days surrounded by beautiful mountain views, gorgeous weather, and the company of family. This was a mini family reunion for my husbands parents, siblings and their spouses. Some of us haven't seen each other in as much as 5 years! Far to long.

We stayed at my sister in laws husband's parents vacation home (that's a mouth full). It was a 3 level, beautiful 4 bedroom condo on a hill overlooking St. George. Very nice! We were all afraid we might ruin something.

Our stay was mostly spent in the condo visiting. We played games, ate lots of food, watched a couple movies, etc. Our big outing was to a local indoor water park. This was my childrens first time at a water park and they had a blast. My daughter is rather dramatic so it was hilarious hearing her scream as she went down the water slide for the first time. lol. I even went down the slide a few times! The water park was a small one and for the longest time we were the only ones there. That is fine by me. :-)

Anyway, here is some pictures of our trip. I took over 300...but I won't bore you with that many. {Yes, I know that is an insane amount of pictures for only 5 days!}

View from the top balcony of the condo

My husband's youngest brother holding baby J for the first time.
He is a Marine and obviously not good with babies! :-)

My kids had so much fun with their uncle. He made them into "Tacos" and had them laughing so hard. Oh, and that is my father in law in the background admiring the views. He lives in the Pacific Northwest and so savored every minute of the sunshine.

My daughter out for a hike with her auntie.
This hill was right next to the condo.

Wildflowers my daughter picked for me on her hike.

Visiting on the patio.
The two women are my sister in laws.

My son "C" and his Grandpa at the water park

My daughter and I making a splash!
Don't you just love our expressions?

These fountains were in the pool on the kids side.

My son totally posing for the camera.

Little E was afraid of the water.
Here he is walking with his aunt.

Having fun on the lily pads!

Me and my honey!

Baby J with Grandma enjoying the views.

My sister in law loves to bake and made
the most delicious Rhubarb berry pies!
(she is married to my husband's youngest brother..the Marine)

J taking a snooze with his uncle.
(This is my husband's other brother)

Here they are awake.
Ahhhh, sweet!
(I think they kind of look alike too!)

Little E showing some love.

More love

We can't forget Daddy!

My husband and his brothers.
This is kind of funny because my husband is actually the tallest of the three,
they were standing on a slope.

Random shot of little E eating watermelon.
He LOVED it.

My sister in law (husband's sister) taking on her brothers!
She slaughtered them.

The whole gang!
(Yes, my husband and I are the only ones with children so far)

That was our trip...in a nutshell. Hope you enjoyed. ;-)
Pin It!

9 comments:

Sarah J. said...

Looks like such a fun time- great pictures! :o) Love the sister fighting back!

"Miss" Anita said...

What a lovely family! Thank you for sharing these memories and pictures with us. :)

Chari said...

Nice pictures! Looks like you had a wonderful time. Glad you were able to get together after such a long time apart.

John Andersen said...

Seven hours with four kids! Good job!

I am a father of six children. My wife and I love to take family road trips. In fact, we have created a family road trip website dedicated to games, activities, puzzles, songs, etc that can keep the kids engaged during family outings.

If your family decides to dust off the minivan and take another trip this summer, I was wondering if you would be willing to try out one of our travel activity books for kids. They are free, printable books that have fun activities and games for kids. Some of the activities involve the whole car as we want to keep parents involved with the kids off and on during the trip. (We have on specifically for Utah, should you may your way there again).

Any feedback you have would be great - we want to support families that travel together. Let us know either through our comments or our contact us page.

Amanda said...

I just have to say that your family is gorgeous!! Those brothers are all so handsome! It looks like you had a great time with your visit. Everyone looks so happy.

Oh, and did your SIL plan the smiley face on her pie? It looks yummy!

Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Southern Belle said...

What a neat trip! Great pictures, the water park looked like it was super fun and the bouquet of flowers was beautiful! I just loved the vibrant shades of yellow and orange.

MaryAnne said...

Your pictures look amazing! We were in St George at that same time, just passing through, though... Looks like a great family reunion!

Not There Yet said...

Looks like a great time. I live far from my family too. What a joy to have everyone together.

Tamara said...

Looks like fun. My whole family hasn't gotten together like that in years! You have such a gorgeous family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...