Sunday, June 27, 2010

I ♥ Yard Sales!

We scored at yard sales this past weekend. Look at what we got for only $17!!!

We have been wanting an upright freezer for SO long. We happened to be looking at one at a yard sale when a lasy came up to us and said ,"Hey do you guys want one of these for free?" She said that her cousin was getting rid of one that works real well. She gave us his number...we called him and we are now the owners of a 20 cubic feet Whirlpool freezer!!!! Yay!! I can't wait to fill it up. I want to start making freezer meals, baking our own breads, and stocking up when I find good meat deals.

Besides missing the bottom grill (or whatever it's called) the freezer is in great shape. No broken shelves or anything. We cleaned it up real well and it is working wonderfully!

Our next door neighbor was having a yard sale and gave this desk to me for free. This is great because it is the perfect size for my teacher desk for homeschool. It is not too big or too little. Yes, it needs help and that is what I have been working on the past few days. I have sanded it down to the wood and am going to paint it black. I am also going to replace all the drawer pulls. I will post the after pictures as soon as it is finished.

I was very excited to find this! I have been wanting one of these. I want to make frozen yogurt. Yum! I still very much want a hand crank ice cream maker, but for $3.00 I couldn't pass this up. It is in excellent condition too!

This is a fun little toy that will be great for homeschool. It tells you all kinds of different facts, music, etc. about all the different countries. It is two sided too. Cost $1.00

Glass Pyrex baking dishes!! Woo-hoo! $1.50 for all three.

2 tank tops and a pair of pajamas (perfect for baby J)
75 cents

Not pictured:

We also got
  • "The Fox and the Hound" and "Robots" on dvd for $4.00
  • Fisher Price Cow bowling set. Has 6 milk jar pins and a cow print ball that moos when you bowl!
  • at least 6 children's books
  • Hot wheels cars
  • Match Box car raceway with alligator that eats the cars as they drive by.
  • Shirt for my husband
  • Girl's sundress
I think that is all (I may have forgotten something). Isn't that awesome? I am so excited. We love going out with only a set amount (Usually 20 bucks for the whole family) and seeing what kind of deals we can find. What about you? Have you found any good yard sale deals lately?
Pin It!

7 comments:

Southern Belle said...

You sure did find some great deals! That's so neat. As for me, no, I haven't found any great deals lately.

newmami_rgv said...

OMG! I'm so jealous! I always put away about $50 and then I head out! I haven't been able to save, but now I'm determined! Great finds!

EmmysBoosAndRawrs said...

I'm jealous! I went out for most of the day on Saturday, as my area had city-wide yard sales but I barely found anything at all. I got a pair of pj pants and a pair of shorts but the shorts didn't end up fitting. Then I got 3-4 books for my boyfriend but that was it from going the entire day. Was weird though, I usually find much more. Oh well, I spend maybe 4 dollars so I can't complain about that part :-p

Tamara said...

So jealous of the pyrex's! I love 'em! I'm so excited that it's garage sale season once again. I love searching for deals. I don't know if it's the area we live in or what, but I think people ask too much for thier stuff, most of which is just junk! I'd like to come garage saling in your area, you got some screaming deals!!!!

Jill said...

It's pretty much just junk around these parts. A few years ago you could get baby clothes for a quarter and now people are wanting to get $2 for a shirt from walmart that I know cost $3 or less. I just buy mine all on clearance at the end of the season for $1 or 2.

Sarah J. said...

My mom, my brother and I go every Saturday morning. I know we have found a lot of great deals, but here are some of our best finds of the summer:
Radio Flyer Tricycle that looks brand new- $2
A 3 piece hand made wooden kitchen set- stove/ oven, sink and cabinet for $5
3 sets of nursing pjs, 3-4 winter nursing tops, including a sweater for $28 (she wanted more, but I gave her everything I had in my wallet!) :o)

Terra H. said...

You scored some deals! It's been so long since I've had the time to go yard saling. It's like a natural high for me to see what great finds I can get. Hopefully before yard sale season is over I can go to a few and find some awesome deals.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...