Thursday, June 3, 2010

June news and an update

I am behind once again. When I get behind it seems like I will never get caught up. There is so many things I want to share with you all. I have been busy trying to wrap up the school year with my children. Our summer break was suppose to start June 1st, but my son still has some Math, Spelling, and English work to finish up. I can not wait to be done with school. We are all on end of the year burn out and in much need of a break. I look forward to having fun and enjoying some quality time with my children.

This summer we are taking part in a homeschool co-op at our church. Each Wednesday we will put in a full day from 9am until 2pm. I know, I know...I just got finished saying I am on school burn out. This co-op is mostly extra curricular type classes. I wanted my kids to have something to keep them busy over the summer. They will be learning Ballet (my daughter will anyway), Spanish, Art, Science, Music, and have P.E. I will be teaching Art for the early elementary students, a preschool class for the 2-3 year olds, baby music, and a baby massage class. We officially start this coming Wednesday! I have my work cut out for me.

Besides co-op we have lots of plans for hiking trips, swim lessons, picnics, outdoor concerts, etc. I LOVE summer! Speaking of summer.... For my blog I am going to focus on posting helpful tips for enjoying your summer. I had originally planned on throwing a big camping/outdoor event but due to the lack of sponsorship I was unable to pull it off. I do however have a few outdoor related reviews/giveaways to share with you all, so keep checking back for those.

Looks like we are going to have to make a trip to Denver to the Children's Hospital here soon as well. My 2 year old son saw a Neurologist today and he wants further tests that need to be done at the Children's Hospital. As I have mentioned before, my son has low muscle tone. We are not sure what is causing the issues. His muscles will not react to the reflex test and are very small and floppy. He is also having issues with his growth and weight gain as well as speech and gross motor delays. He has been in physical therapy for a year and a half now and recently started speech. The Neurologist is concerned that there may be some type of metabolic or muscle disorder going on. It is all really a mystery. This is the 3rd visit to the Neurologist and of course he has been followed closely by his pediatrician. I am not overly concerned, he IS making progress. However it does worry me that he is so small and thin (only 18 pounds and 28 3/4 Inches long). Baby J is almost as big as him and he is only 7 months. I will keep you all updated...keep little E in your prayers too!

Okay, I just basically wanted you all to know what has been going on and why I have been so quiet. I will be working on my post about our camping trip and put up a few new reviews/giveaways for you all! :-)

~Beth
Pin It!

7 comments:

Sarah J. said...

Sounds like you have a lot of fun planned!
Good for you for not being overly concerned and for being encouraged by his progress. One of my undergrad degrees is in speech-language pathology and it is frustrating for me that my 21 month old won't talk! I try not to get discouraged because he does say random words. He is very motor driven and I know one day he will start talking so much I will long for some quiet. :o)
I hope you discover what is causing the delays in Baby E and it is easy to reverse!

Me and Mine in a Small Town said...

The co-op sounds like a great idea! We need to have something like that here! Let us know how everything else goes! I'll be praying for your son!

((hugs))
Glenda

Chari said...

You will have a busy summer! Better to be productive though that is for sure. It will keep their little minds sharp when school starts again.

I'm sorry about all the delays Toddler E is having. Will be praying for him.

Hippie4ever said...

Will be praying for E!

Have fun this summer :)

Tamara said...

Wow, you are going to have a busy summer! I'm envious, we don't really have any plans except for a visit from the in-laws. I will definitley be praying for you little one!

Southern Belle said...

Wow, you have a busy summer planned and it sounds like it will be lots of fun! I will be keeping Baby E in my prayers.

BTW, the baby shoes came in the mail a couple days ago...they are so cute!

tricityty said...

You are VERY busy!! Hace fun with the co op! We will be thinking about your little one and hope you get answers very soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...