It has been proven that BPA (the key component to creating plastics) has been traced to certain cancers. Although many companies are now offering plastic food storage containers that are BPA free, so many of us still own questionable plastics. Isn't it about time to trade out our old plastic containers with ones we know are safe for our families?
Snapware offers a wide variety of both plastic and glass food storage containers and they are all BPA free! From airtight food storage sets, canisters for bulk food storage, space saving containers such as the Snap and Stack, glassware, and decorative containers for gift giving....you will find every type of food storage container you need!
(From their site)
Snapware was established in 1994, beginning with just one product line—the Airtight Canister. Made from PET plastic, the blow molded food storage containers featured an easy-to-open flip-top lid and silicone gasket which created the airtight closure.
The simplicity and unique utility of the canister would become a hallmark of the Snapware brand and provide a glimpse of what was to come.
The company is privately held with both corporate and manufacturing activities located at our 180,000 square foot facility in Mira Loma, California. We also have 230,000 square feet of distribution space located in nearby Ontario, just minutes from our offices. The company is a fully-integrated (from raw materials to finished parts) manufacturer.
Committed to providing its customers with high quality and innovative designs, Snapware specializes in storage and organization solutions for the home and kitchen (dry and wet foods, crafts, seasonal storage, industrial, pet, garage, closet, and more). The company's storage brands include Snap 'N Stack®, Smart Store®, Airtight, GlassLock® and Airtight Canisters.My Experience
Years ago I had purchased a few Snapware food storage containers. Today those containers are still among my favorites in my kitchen. The quality of Snapware is heavy duty and built to last. When I was contacted about reviewing for Snapware, I was excited to take the opportunity. This time I wanted to try out Snapware's Glasslock line.
I was sent the 6 piece rectangle Glasslock set, 2.6 cup round container, and a 1.4 cup rectangle container. There are so many features to these glass containers that I love. First, with glass I know there is not any harmful toxins leaching out into my family's food. I love how this glassware can be used safely in the dishwasher, microwave, and freezer. The lids snap on easily and give a nice air tight seal. Another great feature about glass is that it is clear. When storing food in your refrigerator, it is easy to forget what is inside. With clear glass you are always sure to know what foods are at hand. This makes you aware of the foods that need used up right away creating less waste in the end.
Snapware is made in the USA and most of their products contain lifetime warranties. I look forward to adding to my Snapware collection and hope you too will try out and discover the many uses of their storage products.
BUY IT: You can purchase Snapware's line of products directly from Snapware.com or at any of these retailers. Click here to find a retailer near you!
WIN IT: Snapware is giving one Happily Domestic reader a 4 piece Glass Storage Set and a 1.4 cup Glass Container! $24 Value.
First Mandatory entry:
Visit Snapware and join the Snapware Family (newsletter), and comment once you have confirmed your subscription. You will receive a discount code as well as updates in the future when discounts or sales are available.
*Remember to leave your email address in your comment! YOU MUST DO THIS TO WIN*
After you have completed your first entry you are eligible for additional entries. *See my giveaway instructions here for more information. * *Remember to leave a separate comment for each additional entry and include your e-mail address.*
- Follow my blog publicly through Google friend connect (can be found at my right sidebar.) - current follows count too!
- Subscribe to my blog emails via Feedburner. Sign up box on my right sidebar.
- Blog about THIS giveaway between July 24th and July 30th and gain TWO entries!!! link back to my site- leave the URL where you blogged. Please leave separate comments for each entry. Example "I blogged about your Snapware giveaway@ #1" then "I blogged about your Snapware giveaway@ #2".
- Grab my Happily Domestic button! (found at right sidebar)- Leave the URL where it is posted.
- Follow HappilyDomestic on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (counts as 1 entry)- after this you may "tweet" daily and gain an extra entry each day that you tweet-limit one per day. Leave your tweet status.
- Vote for me at TOP 100 MOMMY BLOGGERS, link button is found at my top left sidebar. Leave a comment saying that you voted for me. This only counts for new votes.
- Enter any of my current giveaways, leave a comment and tell me which giveaway you entered. Counts as 1 entry per giveaway entered. Please leave separate comments per giveaway you entered.
- If you earned the 3 extra entries for blogging about my event early, leave 3 separate comments saying that you did this. See Rules here.
- If you earned the 3 extra entries for grabbing my event button early, leave 3 separate comments saying that you did this. See Rules here.
Giveaway ends Monday, August 2nd, 2010 at 8:00 p.m.(MST). Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
*This giveaway is open to USA residents ONLY. Must be 18 years old or older to win.*
*THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED*