Monday, August 2, 2010

Healthy Homemade Popsicles!

rRemember back in the 80's when you use to eat homemade popsicles made in those Tupperware popsicle makers? They were filled with Kool-Aid and you thought they were the best thing ever! Well...those same popsicle holders are made today! They are the Tupperware Ice Tups!

I bought a couple sets last year and have been making homemade popsciles for my kids ever since! Do I fill them with Kool-Aid? NO WAY!!! I don't want that stuff near my kids. I make healthy popsicles and they taste better than anything you can buy in a store. They are very easy and you can make them a ton of different ways. Here is a couple ways I make them....

Fresh fruit makes the best popsicles. I try to buy organic for these as most fruit has been highly treated with pesticides. I also love to add in Tofu. This may sound crazy but it is a good source of added protein and when blended in can hardly be detective. If your child drinks soy milk, they won't even notice!

Pictured above is a blend of raspberries and blueberries. I add milk (not too much) and also like to add nutritional boosters such as Wheat Germ (as shown above) or Flax Meal. Flax is an awesome source of Omega 3. Our kids need a LOT of this to keep their little brains functioning as good as possible.

Pictured above is a blend of organic whole milk, tofu, strawberries, honey, flax meal, and banana. :-)
Blend and pour into popsicle molds. I love my Ice Tups as they are just the right size for my toddler. If you make your popsicles healthy enough you can even serve them at breakfast! Your kids will get a kick out of that.

Healthy and Delicious!

Do you make homemade popcicles? What is your favorite way to make them?
Pin It!

4 comments:

Chari said...

MMmm those sound good! I need to try the tofu, I never thought of that before. I tend to use mostly fruit and honey in mine, but I want to learn to make creamier ones.

Melissa said...

I use to make my own when I was little and my fav was coke! I'm going to start making healthy ones for my son. Much needed in this hot texas heat.

Christina said...

You need to get these...
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/zoku-quick-pop-maker/?pkey=x%7C4%7C1%7C%7C4%7Czoku%7C%7C0&cm_src=SCH
:)

Tamara said...

What a great idea! I sometimes use the same ingredients to make breakfast smoothies and my daughter LOVES them!

I have a really neat popsicle maker from Zuko (I'm going to do a review of this later :)). It has a liquid inside of it, similar to my ice cream maker, so that it stays frozen when you put it in the freezer. I've been using organic lemondade, you just pour it in the molds, add sticks, wait 7 minutes, pull 'em out and you have pops, yum! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...