Monday, September 20, 2010

Every child loves an adventure!

I LOVE children's books! I am in the Children's Book of The Month Club and have been for a couple years. I hadn't ordered the books I need to fulfill my membership and so decided I better get that done. I ordered a neat toddler activities book and a cookbook for my kids, and then came across a cute book that looked interesting. It is called "Tumtum and Nutmeg". I ordered it hoping it would be something my older two children would like. They LOVE it! I have been reading it to them before bed and they beg for more! Yes, my 8 and 10 year old can read on their own (quite well) but there is something about snuggling up to mom and hearing a story they never grow too old for.

I have to say, I am enjoying the book myself! It is quite adventurous and very charming! It is about 2 mice named Tumtum and Nutmeg who are husband and wife. They live behind an old china cupboard in an old cottage in England. The family who lives in the cottage is a widowed dad and his 2 children. The family is very poor and the mice sneak around caring for the children. We are only on chapter 7 so I don't know much more than this. :-) I was pleasantly surprised tonight to find there is several more of these books! There is a whole website about the books. You can visit it here.

Do you like to read stories to your children at bedtime? What is your favorite children's books to read?

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...