Saturday, September 18, 2010

If you could please pray

One of my closest and dearest friends husband is in the ICU at hospital fighting for his life. He has been battling cancer for over a year and with his last round of chemo a little over a week ago, he became very sick. He has developed pneumonia and has a bad infection in his lungs. He was omitted in the ICU this morning and they began treatment. One of his lungs ruptured and he has been hooked up to a ventilator to keep him alive. He is heavily sedated at the moment and the next few days will be crucial.

My family and I visited him tonight at the hospital and will go back tomorrow to give our support. My friend is heartbroken as you can imagine. They have 2 young daughters ages 10 and 11. I can only imagine what those girls must be feeling at this moment. We do not realize how precious life is until it is almost taken away. Each day is a gift. Yours prayers would be much appreciated. Please pray for healing above all, but also peace and comfort for their family. It has been an exhausting past year for them to say the least.

Thank you,
Beth
Pin It!

18 comments:

Alyssa said...

Wow. What a list of complications! That poor family. I hope things start looking up. I will definately keep them in my prayers.

deb c said...

Sending our prayers!

LLJ said...

My heart goes out to them (and you).
praying now.

Leanne

Romapr said...

Sorry to hear this! They are in our prayers. I hope he comes out of this and the family can began to heal. So sad!

Rebecca said...

Yes I will pray for them right now. You are right that every day is a gift from God! I hope everything works out well for their family. I lost my mother to diabetes at the tender age of 10 and was adopted by another family at 11, so I know how hard something like this can be. God Bless them all!

Kelly Massman said...

So sorry to hear about your friend and family.. I said a little prayer!

Southern Belle said...

Praying!

Debbie Stanton said...

they will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hippie4ever said...

Oh I'm so sorry a friend of mine is battling Cancer too, she has 2 teenagers and is in a last ditch experimental treatment. I would appreciate prayers for her too. And I will definitely be praying

Frugal Tumbleweed Acres said...

They have been lifted up in prayer as well as the Drs. working on this man.

mamawj said...

my mom passed from bone cancer and renel kidney failure, My prayers are with the family and I pray he will gain strenght and not be in pain.

Vanessa said...

I am praying that the God of all comfort and healing would wrap them in His loving arms! ((hugs))

Christina said...

You're a good friend. Love you! :)

Temberton said...

I will keep them in my prayers!

Hugs,
Cara

Gianna said...

Saying a prayer for all..

jsc123 said...

I will definitely keep the family in my thoughts and prayers.

Lexigurl said...

I will pray for you. I lost my father when I was 14. I know the fear those girls are feeling.

winterbabe98 said...

oh man. Prayers heading their way!
Barb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...