Monday, November 15, 2010

Pictures from the Hospital and an Update!

We're home! Little E was released from the hospital Friday night. It is so good to have him home again and to be home myself. With sick kids at home it was not easy being away.

E is still sick. I guess it takes quite awhile to recover from pneumonia. He is on antibiotics and we are giving him nebulizer treatments every 4 hours. He is still very wheezy and continues to have retracting in his chest. Today I took him in to see the pediatrician and she prescribed a steroid to see if that will help open things up a bit. We'll see. In the meantime we are battling getting him to drink. He is very stubborn and refuses most everything. He has only been drinking around 8 ounces a day! Not good. Anyone have suggestions as to what to do about this?

Besides E, my daughter and baby J both have bronchitis. Yesterday my daughter woke up with a few hives on the back of her legs, today she was COVERED from head to toe! I brought her in with E to the doctor and they are indeed hives. She also had an ear infection on top of this! Ugh! Winter hasn't even struck yet and already there seems to be no end in sight! Keep praying for my family's health. This is quite stressful.

Anyway, I also wanted to share some pictures I took of E at the hospital. Poor guy! :-(

What would he have done without his thumb and blankie???
Day 2 at hospital

Below is the cage crib they wanted him to sleep in. He slept in it 2 nights but then refused after that (can't blame him).

One of my friends brought him a Mr. Potato Head and he LOVED it!!
Played with it for over 2 hours strait!

This was day last Wednesday (day 3 in the hospital) .
It was good to see him alert enough to play.

Pin It!

15 comments:

Michelle - Blessed Mom of 4 said...

Glad Little E is home again! Does he like popcicles or ice? Maybe you could get some more fluids in him that way? Praying for healing for your family!

nsees said...

I was thinking popcicles as well! Also what about some seltzer water with a splash of juice as a special treat?

~M said...

I'm glad to hear he's on the mend. Are you giving him anything he wants to drink? What about chicken broth, pedialyte freezer pops, coconut water, juice (possibly mixed halfway with water.. white grape or apple are my favorites), smoothies, popsicles, jello? Good luck!

Sarah J. said...

E looks so sweet even sick!
One thing I can usually get Tate to drink is fruit smoothies, especially if he gets to help make them. We use V8 fusion juice to sweeten the frozen fruit. I'm not sure if he loves them because he helped make them or because he gets to drink them with a straw.

Simply Married said...

Hurray for being back home! I hope those little ones get better soon and start fighting. I'm sure that will be music to your ears ;)

CherryBlossomMJ said...

Ooh, I'm not sure I could bare it. Still praying Mama.

whocg23 said...

So glad you guys are home now. Hope that everyone gets better really soon! I thought it was hard enough with one sick child, I could not imagine three!

Gianna said...

Aww, i'm so glad he's back home again. I will continue prayers.

Linda said...

I have always found garlic oil helpful when my children had ear problems.Hope your children will be on the mend soon! Linda

Tamara said...

Thank the LORD!!! And, I'll be praying that the rest of your family is on the mend soon and you'll finally catch a break!! :)

Cara said...

Awwwww! He's so cute. I'm glad he is doing better! FWIW, my youngest had to be hospitalized for croup when he was 2. I know how a Momma's heart sinks when the Dr. says "hospital". I'm so glad your little fellow is OK.

Hugs & Blessings,
Cara

newmami_rgv said...

The photos are adorable... and my prayers go out to your other little ones. I'm sure they'll get better soon.

Hippie4ever said...

So glad he's home and on the mend. Praying for his continued healing and Momma's stamina :)

He's adorable by the way!

Debbie Stanton said...

so happy he is home and will continue praying for his recovery... i was thinking popsicles and see many comments already... if I absolutely needed to get fluids in him, I know my son would not refuse soda in one of those 16oz bottles and :D

HappilyDomestic said...

Thanks for the tips everyone! I will try some of these things. Thanks for your continued prayers as well. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...