Monday, December 6, 2010

Easy Chicken and Rice Recipe Kids LOVE!

This is one of my kid's favorite recipes! My picky 10 year old especially loves this and gets so excited when I make it for him. Now, don't expect them to eat peas, the plate of food in this picture was actually mine. Haha!

Easy Chicken and Rice

1 cup uncooked white rice (can substitute with brown)
2 cups water
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 clove garlic

Combine rice, water, and oil in a pot and cook on med-high until boiling. Once boiling point has been reached, reduce heat, cover and simmer on low for 25 minutes. While rice is cooking, cut chicken breasts into 1 inch chunks. Combine chicken and garlic in a lightly oiled skillet and cook until no pink remains. Add chicken and mushroom soup to cooked rice and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste.

* You will need to adjust cook times if using brown rice*

Serves 4 children
(double recipe for family meal)

Pin It!

7 comments:

Jill said...

Sounds good, I think I've found dinner for tonight!

Thanks for the recipe.

Sarah J. said...

My sister has a picky eater and is always looking for new recipes. I'm sending her the link now! :o)

Annie said...

You are awesome Beth! I was looking for something simple that my husband can make for him and the kids while I'm in the hospital. Printing this for him, thanks!

Tamara said...

Yum, I might try this tonight!

HappilyDomestic said...

Your welcome! Hope you all enjoy it!

Tamara said...

I made this tonight and everyone LOVED it!!!! Thanks so much for posting. Is it ok if I share with others?

HappilyDomestic said...

Tamara,

Yes, of course! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...