Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like.....


CHRISTMAS!!!

I love decorating for Christmas! It's the only time of year my house does not look so plain. Last weekend we drug out all the decorations and bought our tree. My older kids had so much fun trimming the tree. It is nice now that they are old enough not to group all the ornaments in one area. :-)

Little E admiring the lights and decorations
(although the lights did not show up on this picture)
This is our front living room. We also have a family room, but it was built for a media room and is dark with no windows. We have our tv and tv stand in there and it is also our school room. I didn't decorate for the holidays in that room this year. Actually, I am realizing I don't have many Christmas decorations. A lot of mine have gotten so old and beat up over the years I have thrown them away. Wouldn't it be fun to decorate every room? How do you decorate for the holidays? What is your favorite decoration?
Pin It!

3 comments:

Tamara said...

I, too, love decorating for Christmas, it's my most favorite time of the year! We're on a super strickt budget this year, so presents will be slim (that's OK with me, though, because it's not at all what Christmas is about). That leaves decorating as my main focus this time of year!
My most favorite decorations are the handmade nativity I got in Mexico and the Partylite nativity.

newmami_rgv said...

Yup... mine too! My 6 year old had been begging for about two weeks to put up the tree... In the process two ornaments broke in pieces by my 20 month old! lol
CJR

Gabe said...

I love decorating for Christmas, but like to keep it simple. Simple leaves more time and space for people!

I did a couple of posts on how we decorate-

http://www.gabesbabes.com/2010/11/decorating-for-christmas.html

http://www.gabesbabes.com/2010/11/kids-christmas-decorations.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...