Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sister Update

Well, there is not a whole lot to update on except I was able to talk to my aunt finally and get more details. She is setting up some counseling with some Christian counselor friends of hers and will be helping my sister find a doctor who will be willing to perform surgery on her legs. See, my sister has been living with severe pain in her legs and back for 8 months now. The doctors cannot seem to find what is causing her pain but only prescribe awful stuff like vicodin (that stuff alone can make you feel crazy). There is a surgery they can perform to deaden the nerves but her insurance does not cover it as it is considered "experimental". This is main reason she did what she did. She figured she would rather be dead than live with the constant pain she is having. I just know there HAS to be away around the insurance!

Anyway, I had the chance to talk to my sister today and just encouraged her not to give up and to continue to seek out this surgery. We didn't talk long as she still is very emotional and upset. I told her there is many people praying for her. I am not sure how long she has to stay in the hospital but I am sure there will be mental evaluations before she is released. At least I hope so! Please continue to pray for her healing and for our entire family. We have already lost one sister 10 years ago, none of us want to go through that again.

Blessings,
Beth
Pin It!

7 comments:

Katrina said...

praying for you guys... =)

CalvaryGirl said...

Just said a prayer for your sister <3

Wendy
Join me on Facebook
and on Twitter

Gianna said...

I will continue praying for her.
I live with chronic severe pain that nothing works on (16 years now) and it is very difficult.

Lark said...

Continuing to pray for her.

Tamara said...

Wow, that's got to be just awful! Praying for a cure!

Valerie said...

Praying.

Debbie Stanton said...

will pray for her ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...