When I had my first baby 10 years ago I never thought once about making my own homemade babyfood. Didn't all babyfood come from the grocery store shelves? Wasn't this what was best for my baby? I fed my baby commercial babyfood without hesitation, but also without knowledge. Little did I know I was feeding my baby nutritionally inferior foods! Oh what I would give to have those years back! However, we must not live in the past, but learn from our experiences and do better next time.
So, 2 years later I now had a baby girl and decided to give baby food making a try! I still continued to use commercial babyfood primarily, but every once in awhile would cook up some fruits and veggies and freeze them in ice cube trays. Honestly though, it was all a big hassle. I had to cook everything on the stove messing up several pans. Then I would have to use the blender to puree creating more mess to clean up. Lastly, I had to freeze the food in ice cube trays and then pop them out into baggies. It was certainly a lot of extra work.
We have come a long way over the years! Not only has the awareness of feeding our babies fresh, organic, homemade babyfood been brought to light (and the nutritional benefits), but also many companies have caught on and created awesome time saving devices for modern moms to create wholesome homemade babyfood in minutes!
BEABA which stands for "the BEst for A BAby" is a company that creates truly practical, multifunctional, compact and smartly designed products and accessories mothers everywhere can appreciate. Beaba a division of Scandinavian Child began in 1989 in France and today their products are sold worldwide!
The Beaba Babycook is truly unique and serves a multitude of functions! It steams, blends, warms and defrosts. Quickly steam cook vegetables, fruit, pasta or rice in 15 minutes or less! Puree your babies food to desired consistency, great for babies AND toddlers! Warm babies food quickly by steaming. Defrost your frozen baby cubes without having to use a microwave! The Babycook comes with BPA free and dishwasher safe 2½ - cup capacity bowl, cooking basket, spatula and even a recipe booklet!
My Beaba experience:
I am honored to have the opportunity to try out Beaba's leading product, the Babycook! I was sent a Beaba Babycook (sorbet color), the Rice & Pasta Cooker accessory and 1 Multi-portions babyfood freezer tray. I was immediately impressed by the quality of these products. All 3 items are sturdy and well made. Most of all, I love the sleek modern design and fun bright colors!
The babycook has been great to quickly puree meals for my 1 year old strait from our dinner table. I am able to get a good texture especially with meats that he is able to eat easier. After using the babycook other babyfood mills fail to compare! Sure, it requires electricity but for everyday in home use it is a breeze!
My baby and toddler love to eat fruit purees and sweet potatoes! Below is a picture from the last time I made sweet potato puree. I had bought a bag full of mini organic sweet potatoes at the natural food store for only $1.99. I made 2 full batches (14- 1/4 cup servings out of that bag). Now, if you consider a small jar of organic commercial babyfood cost between $69 and $89 per jar...that's a LOT of savings!
Beaba's Multi-portions are made of a Bisphenol-A free silicone and come in a variety of colors. Each of the 7 portion sections can hold 1/4 cup food. Freezing is easy and convenient and I love that the Multi-portions comes with a lid. No more transferring cubes from ice trays! frozen babyfood portions pop out easily when ready to heat.
You really can't appreciate the babycook and how well it functions until you see it in action! I put together a couple videos (below) to demonstrate how easy preparing healthy meals for your baby truly are!
In this first video I will teach you how to make Cantonese Rice. This recipe is from the Beaba Rice Cooker instruction booklet. I personally would recommend it for babies 10 months and older, although use your own judgment. If your baby needs less texture, puree a few times more.
Here I am demonstrating how well the babycook thaws and heats your frozen babyfood puree!
I am thoroughly pleased with the Beaba Babycook and all it's cool accessories. I think every mom should own a babycook! It is an investment into your baby's health! I have no doubt you will make your money back in no time with all the money you will be saving!
BUY IT: You can purchase the Beaba Babycook as well as other Beaba products from any of these retailers. Click here.
WIN IT: Scandinavian Child is giving one very lucky Happily Domestic reader a Beaba Babycook of their very own! $150 Value.
First Mandatory entry:
Visit Beaba's website and tell me a product (besides the babycook) that you like and what you like about it!
*Remember to leave your email address in your comment! YOU MUST DO THIS TO WIN*
After you have completed your first entry you are eligible for additional entries. *See my giveaway instructions here for more information. * *Remember to leave a separate comment for each additional entry AND include your e-mail address.*
- Follow my blog publicly through Google friend connect (can be found at my right sidebar.) - current follows count too!
- Subscribe to my blog emails via Feedburner. ( Counts for 2 entries) Sign up box on my right sidebar.
- Grab my Happily Domestic button! (found at right sidebar)- Leave the URL where it is posted.
- Blog about THIS giveaway between January 21st and February 1st and gain TWO entries!!! link back to my site- leave the URL where you blogged. Please leave separate comments for each entry. Example "I blogged about your Beaba giveaway@ #1" then "I blogged about your Beaba giveaway@ #2".
- Follow HappilyDomestic on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (counts as 1 entry)- after this you may "tweet" daily and gain an extra entry each day that you tweet-limit one per day. Leave your tweet status.
- Enter any of my current giveaways, leave a comment and tell me which giveaway you entered. Counts as 1 entry per giveaway entered. Please leave separate comments per giveaway you entered.
- Like Scandinavian Child on Facebook . Click here. Leave a comment saying that you did this. *Be sure to let them know that Happily Domestic sent you!*
- Follow Scandinavian Child on Twitter. Click here. Leave a comment saying that you did this.
- Sign up for Scandinavian Child's Emails. Click here. (Sign up box can be found on the lower right side bar). Leave a comment saying that you did this.
Thank you to Scandinavian Child who provided me with the products for review. All opinions are my own and no other compensation was received to conduct this review and giveaway.