Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chicken Nuggets and Sweet Potato Fries Recipe- Great for Kids!

I have been trying to be good about taking pictures when I cook, this way I can share my recipes with you all. I will be posting more here soon! I hope you will give these a try as I am only sharing recipes I feel are worthy to be shared. :-)

Sweet Potato Fries
Kids love these, especially toddlers who are use to eating their sweet potato baby food.

1-2 Large Sweet Potatoes
1-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt


Peel sweet potatoes and cut lengthwise. Coat fries in olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake in a 350 degree oven 30-40 minutes or until crisp. For best results bake on stoneware. I used a glass dish and the fries turned out a bit mushy.


Chicken Nuggets
Who needs McDonalds when you can create your own healthy chicken nuggets at home! These are a huge hit at our house and are so yummy dipped in honey BBQ sauce. It is amazing how many chicken nuggets you can get from only 2 chicken breasts!

You will need:

2 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Cup Bread Crumbs
Variety of Dried Herbs
Garlic salt
Salt & Pepper
Paprika


Cut chicken breasts into 1 to 2 inch chunks. In small mixing bowl combine bread crumbs with herbs. I usually like to use parsley, sage, basil and freeze dried chives. You can experiment with whichever herbs you have on hand. There is no exact science to this. Mix in about 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, a dash of paprika, and a shake of salt and pepper. Heat oil in skillet. While skillet is heating toss chicken chunks in bread crumb mixture. Cook coated chicken in skillet turning often about 10-15 minutes or until no pink remains. Dry on paper towels. Makes about 20 nuggets.


Finished product
Yum!

Pin It!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I also add some parmesan cheese to the breading for the chicken. We love 'em!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...