Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Crab Louie Salad Recipe!

Crab Louie Salad
This is a recipe my dad taught me when I was a teenager. It always hits the spot
when I am in the mood for something fresh!


imitation crab meat shreds
1 head iceberg lettuce
1 head romaine lettuce
2 tomatoes
1 can med. sized black olives
16 pieces of asparagus
4 boiled eggs
cheddar cheese
your favorite salad dressing ( I like blue cheese or ranch with this)

Boil 4 eggs. While the eggs are boiling cut hard ends off asparagus and cook in steamer. Bring out 4 dinner size plates and place 2 large iceberg lettuce pieces on each plate (should cover most of plate). Add 4 slices cooked asparagus to each plate forming a cross (all 4 tips should face outward). Shred remainder of iceberg lettuce and romaine lettuce and add ample amount to each plate, covering asparagus (leave tips showing). Cut tomatoes into halves and then quarters, adding 4 slices to each plate. Cut each boiled egg into fourths and add 4 slices to each plate. Add 4-6 black olives to each plate creating a circle. Top with imitation crab meat, shredded cheese and dressing. Enjoy! Serves 4 hungry adults.


Pin It!

3 comments:

Bea said...

This looks SO good right now... You have perked my pregnant taste buds interest! YUM!

HappilyDomestic said...

Bea, Haha! Go for it then, it's so easy and good!

Lark said...

YUMMY! I'm adding this recipe to my evernote cookbook! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...