One of my goals for this new year is to plan a Family Fun Night once a month. I want these nights to be a time of laughter, fun and making memories! I am planning all sorts of game nights, fun food nights, and crafts. I encourage each and every one of you to do this with your family as well. Turn off that t.v. and start having fun as a family!
My family loves to play games. We have quite a wide collection and are always on the look out for new fun or educational games. I was excited to have the opportunity to try out 3 of the wonderful games from Griddly Games.
Griddly Games Inc. is a mom founded company committed to bringing innovative and engaging games to people “across the grid”. They strive to deliver value and quality to help create memorable times of laughter, friendship, and family. Their games encourage social interaction, learning, strategy and challenges that anyone can enjoy.
Wise Alec is a fun educational trivia game that can be enjoyed by anyone ages 8 and up. This game can be played with different skill levels in mind. Whether you are a young elementary student still learning about the world around you or a college graduate with years of book knowledge, everyone can play and enjoy this game...together! I love this.
My family had so much fun playing Wise Alec. The instructions were easy to read and understand. We played several rounds and the kids begged to play more! Wise Alec contains over 1000 questions covering a wide range of interesting topics in History, Science and Spelling. Wise Alec cards make you do crazy stuff such as sing songs, say tongue twisters and more!
Being a homeschool family, I appreciate games that give my children an opportunity to learn. I highly recommend Wise Alec for homeschoolers as well as every family!
Did I forget to mention Wise Alec is the winner of many prestigious awards?
Read more about it here.
"Chronicles of the Mind" and "Words of the Wise" are compact party games perfect for helping friends break the ice!
Chronicles of the Mind gets the conversations rolling and you learn all sorts of interesting facts about your family and friends. You will share your stories and experiences based on whichever card you choose and the players figure out if you are telling the truth or telling a fib. There are 4 different ways to play. Lots of fun....well, unless you are a horrible liar! You definitely need to practice your poker face before playing this.
Watch for more info:
Words of the Wise is my personal favorite out of the two as it is a lot of fun to test my knowledge. In this game you have 101 categories to choose from and with each card you are given a challenge to name people, places, things in alphabetical order! You can play this on your own to test your own skills or with a whole group. This would be a great game to play in the car while traveling.
There are a lot of games on the market, but not all can be compared. I am impressed by creativeness of Griddly Games. These games make learning fun and definitely earn this moms stamp of approval! :-)
BUY IT: You can purchase Wise Alec, Chronicles of the Mind, and Words of the Wise at any of these retailers. Click here.WIN IT: Griddly Games is giving two lucky Happily Domestic readers 2 prizes!
2nd Prize- Chronicles of the Mind and Words of the Wise
First Mandatory entry:
Visit Griddly Games and tell me an interesting fact about the company and or products that I did not mention here.
*Remember to leave your email address in your comment! YOU MUST DO THIS TO WIN*
After you have completed your first entry you are eligible for additional entries. *See my giveaway instructions here for more information. * *Remember to leave a separate comment for each additional entry AND include your e-mail address.*
- Follow my blog publicly through Google friend connect (can be found at my right sidebar.) - current follows count too!
- Subscribe to my blog emails via Feedburner. ( Counts for 2 entries) Sign up box on my right sidebar.
- Grab my Happily Domestic button! (found at right sidebar)- Leave the URL where it is posted.
- Blog about THIS giveaway between January 6th and January 15th and gain TWO entries!!! link back to my site- leave the URL where you blogged. Please leave separate comments for each entry. Example "I blogged about your GG giveaway@ #1" then "I blogged about your GG giveaway@ #2".
- Follow HappilyDomestic on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (counts as 1 entry)- after this you may "tweet" daily and gain an extra entry each day that you tweet-limit one per day. Leave your tweet status.
- Enter any of my current giveaways, leave a comment and tell me which giveaway you entered. Counts as 1 entry per giveaway entered. Please leave separate comments per giveaway you entered.
- Like Griddly Games on Facebook . Click here. Leave a comment saying that you did this.
- Follow Griddly Games on Twitter. Click here. Leave a comment saying that you did this.
- Sign up for Griddly Games Emails. Click here. (Sign up box can be found on the lower left). Leave a comment saying that you did this.
Giveaway ends Sunday, January 16th, 2010 at 8:00 p.m.(MST). Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn. *This giveaway is open to USA and Canadian residents ONLY. Must be 18 years old or older to win.*
*THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED*