Monday, February 7, 2011

Easy Frugal Valentine Craft and a Recipe!

Good morning.... Thank you Beth and CONGRATS on the lovely new blog design. It's splendid. I'm here today to get ya'll a head start on your Valentines Day. It's only 1 week away! Today you will learn how to make a super easy, super cute, super frugal craft! I also have cute recipe that both your kids and significant other can enjoy together!


How-To Make Paper Flowers



I have this simple craft that everyone can be apart of, make it a family event. It will be so fun to see who each member is making theirs for or keep it a surprise. Even daddy got to make one! His came out looking like a rose, I have no idea how he did it.

Materials:

  1. 1 magazine

  2. 1-2 pairs of scissors (for helpers)

  3. Leaf template (hearts or leaves)

  4. Glue

  5. Embellishments (button, beads tissue paper, ribbon)

  6. Camera to take pictures!!



Instructions:

  1. Tear out a page from the magazine

  2. Accordion fold the longest side

  3. Roll up another page for the stem

  4. Cut the folded page about 3/4 into the fold (do not cut all the way to the end)

  5. Glue one end of the folded paper (keeping it folded) near the top of the stem.

  6. Roll it around the stem and glue again at the middle and ends.

  7. At this point you can use tissue paper or more magazine pages to make the leafs or glue a button or beat on the flower just to add some decorations.


You can have a blast with what you can do with these adorable flowers. Make bouquet for your best Aunt or to the mailman! You can make a fruit basket, cut the stems and stick them in the basket as well. My daughter helped me do the craft this year and wanted to do a short video! She's a star! lol Here's the video!




Now how about a delicious treat to go with your paper flower gifts? My girls love POMEGRANATES! And they are in season. I saw one for only $2 at our farmers market last weekend. So I just threw this together and thought I'd share it with ya'll. My girls helped me pick out the seeds and stir the pudding.


MINI LOVE POM PIES!



Ingredients:


  1. 1 Pomegranate

  2. Pudding

  3. Graham cracker crusts

  4. Whipped creme

  5. Cute glass mini cup

  6. Any type of nuts or chocolate chips!


Instructions:

  1. Break open your Pomegranate ans soak in water.

  2. Prepare the pudding in a graham cracker crust

  3. Assemble a line of ingredients and BEGIN!


I found some adorable heart shaped glass cups at our local flea market. We put a small amount of pudding pie, sprinkled some pomegranates and chocolate chips.I gotta tell you I didn't get a chance to snap a photo, we scarfed them down! But here is one I've made before. This one is a Triple chocolate cherry parfait! Doesn't it look delicious. This is Hubs with extra chocolate chunks in the middle! lol

So thank you again Beth for helping me "Green" up your valentines this year. I hope ya'll stop by my blog to see my weekly posts from Green Tip Tuesday to Product Reviews and Blog Hops that you won't want to pass by.
I'd also like to share that I am being featured on Mom Talk Radio this week on the Round Table! We talk about what we're doing for Valentines!



My name is Cinella! I'm the blogger @ The Mommy Blog! I'm happily married to my husband of seven years and plan on renewing our vows and having a church wedding next summer. Check out Gaining & Losing for how the "green" wedding is going. We also have two beautiful daughters, 6 and ganna be 2. We try to be as green as we can; Cloth Diapers, baby wearing, second hand shopping, couponing, recycling and more! - CJR
Pin It!

2 comments:

MamaMonkey said...

What a great craft idea! I have lots of old magazines lying around I will have to try this with my kids.

Mari and Mattie said...

I love pomegranates! This sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...