Thursday, February 3, 2011

Perspective


Perspective to most of us is really just our outlook. The way we have programmed our minds to think effects our perspective on situations when they hit us.

However, having a sister who is an artist I also realize that perspective is a very technical term too (not just a mental outlook like I think of it). An online definition states that perspective to an artist is the appearance of things relative to one another as determined by their distance from the viewer.

So...as I was thinking today through everything going on in my life - I really started to understand the connection between the technical & relational side of perspective. Regardless of how you "use" perspective in your life - whether it's just a way you view situations, or if it's a part of your daily tasks, I think we can all agree that's it's very subjective. Subject to: who you are, how you were raised, your current situation in life, maybe even the angle in which you are viewing the situation or object. We all see things differently!

My frustration with a loud, active & often WILD little boy -- is someone else's blessing because they haven't been able to have a child.

My constant worry over the next IEP battle or Dr Visit -- is someone else's painful reminder that their child is not with them today to have those worries.

My stress over the stack of bills that I have to sit down & write out checks for -- is someone else's hope for the ability to pay those bills.

My exhaustion from getting up every 2 hours to feed my baby that is completely dependent on me -- is another Mothers pain entering that empty nest stage.

My feeling of being overwhelmed running from event to meeting to volunteer duty -- is someone else's desire to be involved..or better yet, to be asked.

My irritation over my husbands recent fault -- is someone else's heartache because they do not have that partner to share life with.

My complaining about never ending housework -- is someone else's hope that they will have a place safe and warm for their family to call home.

So, as you can see...my own perspective hasn't been what I would like it to be all the time. I love my family, and, I love being home with my babies...but sometimes - I can allow the daily stuff to really weigh me down. My goal is to work on being THANKFUL each day for my blessings (even the ones that don't feel like blessings at that moment!), and, enjoy this stage in my life. See, the thing is, it won't be like this for long--and I know, as soon as it's over, I'm going to wish I had spent more time enjoying it, and, less time worrying over it :)

About the Author:
Wife to Jason, stay-at-home Mommy to Cole & Jacob. I'm blessed to serve God through Children & Mom's Ministries at my Church. After my son was diagnosed with Autism at the age of 2, I became an Autism Awareness & Early Intervention Advocate. In my free time (haha!) I love to spend time with my husband, scrapbook, read and cook. I'm a budding photographer & love sharing the story of my family through photo and stories.

Thank you to Jenny for today's guest blog post. You can read more about her and her family at her blog; lenczyckichronicles.blogspot.com
Pin It!

2 comments:

Out of Control said...

What a great reminder to live with an attitude of gratitude.

Kasey@ All Things Mamma said...

Jenny, I really struggle with the same things...daily. I get so overwhelmed, stress and feeling under appreciated and then remember that I should be thankful for what I have. I thank God for all the blessings of two kids and the struggles I have with them, our home that is often cluttered and bills that get paid by pay check to pay check. But...I have to remind myself all the time and still let it get the best of me a lot of days. Thank you for such an honest post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...