Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Weekend Sewing Project

Remember this skirt? I shared about it a few weeks ago in one of my Project 365 posts. For those of you who missed that one...well, the story is I bought a HUGE skirt at Goodwill for $3.00. I really liked the fabric and knew I could make something else out of it. About 2 weeks ago I got out my seam ripper and took out the entire waist band as well as one side. Today I decided to figure something out. With half of the skirt I made a skirt for me. With the second half I made a skirt for my daughter and her American Girl doll. I didn't use any patterns and all three skirts turned out great. I am very excited about it! Yay, for upcycling!

Pin It!

9 comments:

*Michigan Momma* said...

Yeah!! My daughters too like nothing better than to match me, their sister or their dolls ~ how sweet for your daughter!

Good job, Momma!

Chari said...

So creative!! I need a girl so I can do stuff like that :-P

Michelle - Blessed Mom of 4 said...

Cute! Great Job!

mamawj said...

as a seamstress for 33yrs I had to view this post when it came up in your email newsletter I sub too :-) Looks great,they are pretty. Save any scraps too to make matching 3 inch wide fabric headbands, hair srunchies or even straps to add to other matching solid colors of fabric and kids summer make tube tops with straps. I follow you on GFC and I hope you can stop by my blog and visit my craft and sewing ideas I share as well or enter my giveaways there. Hope to see more sewing projects you share in your newsletter. Have a great day Julie from http://mamawjsmomentaway.blogspot.com/2011/03/15-winners-fora-dale-and-thomas-popcorn.html

Sarah J. said...

You all look great!

Me and Mine in a Small Town said...

WOW what a great job and idea!! :) that really must have been a big skirt! What a great deal though... making 3 beautiful skirts!!! :)

HappilyDomestic said...

Thanks everyone! It was fun making so much from one skirt! I will be hitting the big ladies skirt rack at the thrift stores from now on. lol

Meegan said...

They turned out super cute! Now I am inspired to find something similar at our thrift store's next 99 cents sale!

Laurie said...

That is a great idea! I'm going to keep that in mind during my thrift store shopping sprees!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...