Saturday, April 9, 2011

April Family Fun Night- Duggar Dinner

Our family tries to have a "Family Fun Night" on the 1st Friday of every month. This usually means I cook up a fun meal and we either play games or rent a special movie. If you have ever watched TLC's "17 Kids and Counting" (or 18 and 19) then you are familiar with the Duggar family and their love for Tater Tot Casserole! My kids and I love to watch the Duggars and so for this month's Family Fun Night we decided to create a "Duggar Dinner". The meal included the famous Tater Tot Casserole (of course), corn, green beans, and for dessert "Grandpa Duggar's Favorite Banana Cake". Everything turned out yummy! Thumbs up for the Duggar's recipes!

Watching in anticipation!

The recipe made two 10x13 casseroles. I ended up adding 1 pound more of the ground turkey and 1 pound less of the tater tots. Unless you are wild about tater tots, I would even go as far as adding 2 pounds extra ground turkey and 2 pounds less tater tots. Even with my adjustments, I think it was still a bit too potatoey (if that's a word). Click here for the recipe.

The complete meal

A bunch of hungry boys crazy about Tater Tot Casserole!

Little E helping make the Banana Cake

I actually really liked this cake. I am not a fan of frosting, so I enjoyed the pudding on top! Yum!


Do you have a Family Fun Night with your family? If so, what does your family do for them?


Pin It!

2 comments:

Southern Belle said...

What a fun family night for you all! Not sure how my family would like the casserole, but its worth a try. The cake looks yummy!

Cara said...

Just for the record, DD (16) & I *saw* the Duggars last weekend in Cincinnati. We were there for the Midwest Homeschool Convention. Michelle spoke at 2:30 on Saturday (which was so awesome and encouraging). The grand finale with the Duggars was a ticket event and we didn't have tickets. They sold out the very day I went online to register. *sigh* OTOH, it was a zoo at the Convention Center on Saturday, so I'm kind of glad we didn't. People were waiting in line for the 6:00 event at 2:30!

We were sitting on the front row just to the right of the podium, so I got some GREAT pictures and even a little bit of video. *grin* Jim Bob introduced Michelle, plus we saw Josh & Anna and several of the other kids. Oh, some of the Bates' were there too. Bonus! LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...