Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mother's Day

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day! Mine was so very nice. This is the one day of the year my husband and children go all out to make me feel special. As always I awoke to breakfast in bed. Such a treat! This year it was an omelet, sliced peaches, and tea for breakfast (prepared by my 2 oldest). My tray was decorated with beautiful marigolds in vases my kids made and painted themselves. I also received hand made cards and my husband bought me the 2nd season DVD set of "Road to Avonlea" which is one of my very favorite TV shows! Can't wait to watch it!





While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt





After breakfast we spent the morning in our backyard. My kids played in the sunshine and I sat and watched feeling completely blessed. We then headed out to buy flowers for planting. I wanted enough to fill 2 large planters I have in my front yard. The kids and I picked a variety of pansies, petunias, geraniums, etc. I am ever so happy to now see flowers on my front porch.

We ended the day with a nice dinner at home and homemade strawberry shortcakes! I have never made these for my husband and children before. It was a huge hit! YUM. I will share my recipe soon!

Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...