Saturday, June 18, 2011

Computer Crashed!

Our computer crashed 2 days ago!! I am so upset. It is less than 1 year old and so under warranty, but they say they cannot guarantee saving our information. ALL our pictures from the previous year are on there!!! We are trying desperately to save them before we send it off to be repaired. In the meantime, I am having to use our little notebook computer which I hate.

I promise to get the swing set giveaway closed up soon. The program I use to grab the screen shots is on the crashed computer, so I may not be able to have that for you. I hope this is okay. It may be a few weeks before we get our computer back. :-( Thanks in advance for your patience.

Beth

Pin It!

4 comments:

Chari said...

oh no!!! mine did that almost 2 years ago and I lost all my pictures. I did keep the hard drive because there is supposed to be a place you can send it off to get documents pulled off of it, but they told us it usually costs about $1500 or so on average :-( I've been bad about backing up...I have almost a thousand pictures on my new camera (including the ones when baby #2 was born) but I don't want to delete them until I have them burned to a cd.

Hope yours is repairable!

AEK said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear! I will say a prayer that everything (especially your pictures) will be retrievable!
Angie

Heather said...

I'm sure you've probably heard this, but a backup is well worth the investment! Carbonite has an online backup that you never have to think about. I use that and Genie Timeline because they run in the background and I don't have to remember to run the backup. They're not free, but they're well worth it!

HappilyDomestic said...

Thanks ladies. We actually do have a back up, but never transfered the recent stuff from the past year. :-( Still working on getting this worked out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...