Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A few changes at Happily Domestic (and an update)

Hi everyone! It has been a quiet week around here and I apologize for that. My whole family has been sick this past week. Not fun, especially since we barely started our summer break. As most of you know we homeschool our 2 older children. The end of the year can be a bit stressful finishing up all our work. We made it though and I am so proud of my children! They worked hard this year.

As a stay at home mom, homeschool teacher, and mother to 4 kiddos (under age 10) I am realizing more and more the importance of bringing order and peace in my home. I have a very important job that requires my full attention and lots of diligence. I love blogging and am amazed to see how my blog has grown over the past 2 years. Quite frankly, it has succeeded far beyond what I had ever hoped for! It has been a blessing in so many ways, but has also caused a lot of extra "work" for this busy mama.

I do not want to give up my blog at all, but a need to cut back on the time I personally work on it is a must. Realizing this, I have decided to add contributors to my blog. I have added one already and you can read all about her here. I am still trying to convince several of my friends that they need to join in. They have so many talents we could all benefit from. In the meantime, I am happy to add Brittney Thompson. She is an amazingly strong woman, loves the Lord, and has many gifts and talents including being an awesome cook! Hopefully she will be sharing lot's of yummy recipes with us all. I am also very excited about this because Brittney is a new mom and will be giving you lots of opportunities to win some great baby giveaways!!! You all love that, right?

I think adding a few of my friends as contributors will give me the relief I need to stay focused on my family and not feel overwhelmed by my blog. It will keep things fresh and add some new perspective. I hope you all will be happy with the changes. Please email me if you have any concerns.

~Beth
Pin It!

4 comments:

Southern Belle said...

You're wise Beth. Praying the changes your making bring your family joy.

Terra H. said...

Welcome aboard to the newest contributor. Hope your family gets to feeling better soon.

Heather said...

Blessings to you and your famiy. While blogging is a lot of fun, offers encouragement, and allows us to make new friends, our families always should come first. :)

HappilyDomestic said...

Thank you everyone for your support and understanding. I am actually very excited about this and know it will bless everyone all around. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...