Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wordless Wednesday- More Yard Sale Steals!


Hit about 3 real good yard sales last weekend and scored! Here is what I bought...

7 woman's shirts and 5 woman's tank tops

6 boys sweaters

12 boys short sleeve shirts

8 boys 2-piece pajamas

16 pair boys pants

36 long sleeve boy shirts

5 boys jumper outfits, 5 pair boys shorts, and 1 pair swim trunks

Diaper stacker, 2 sweat shirt jackets, 1 baby girl dress, 1 pair boys overalls, 1 boy tank top, 5 pair girl's leggings, 3 bibs, 1 pair socks, and a new full bottle of California Baby Diaper Wash.

All this for $20.00

That is 118 items which equals 17 cents per item!! Not bad, eh?? :-) I love yard sales! Most all the boy clothes were sizes 2 and 3 toddler, which is exactly what my boys will wear in this coming fall and winter. I won't really have to buy them anything! Such a huge blessing.


Happy Wordless Wednesday!



Pin It!

9 comments:

Sarah J. said...

Those are great finds! I've been having a hard time finding my boys' sizes. We usually get hand-me-downs from our nephews, but Tate is about the same size as both of the 4 yr olds. I'm not really sure why Mayer doesn't have many clothes. We have tubs full in the basement, but they all seem to be 18-24 mos or the wrong season. I hope one of these Saturdays, my garage sale searching is as productive as yours! :)

Chari said...

whoa!! great job!! I went to 1 garage sale and got several boy clothing for 50 cents each which included 2 Nike jackets and nice pants. They also had some cute hard back books for $1 each and a Hulk toy I got for $2 (hubby loves Hulk but the toy is for Ethan ;-).
I waited too long to get out and it was almost 11. Their stuff was in piles I had to dig through and sweat was pouring off of me since it was over 90 degrees already! Next week I need to get out earlier!

Candace said...

Wow thats an amazing haul!

AEK said...

You did great! Do you take your kids with you when you go shopping? Just curious. I find it hard to really look when I have my girls.
Thanks for the linky too.
Angie

Frugal Tumbleweed Acres said...

Now that is what I call an excellent days work. Way to go girl.

Mama Teaching 3 said...

My Grandmother and mother are yardsale queens! I also love going. Thank goodness I married a man who likes to go with me. :)

You did well!

HappilyDomestic said...

Thanks everyone, it was fun! I am such a nerd and always have to count everything out and figure how much I spent with the calculator when I get home. :-) My husband just laughs!

Angie- Yes, we yard sale with all 4 of our kids. Mostly my husband and I take turns getting out. The older ones usually get out as well. It works out pretty well. I have never attempted going by myself with the kids.

MoonChylde said...

Whoa that's one heck of a haul!!! We're having a rummage this weekend, I hope someone comes along and takes all the kids cloths! lol *wishful thinking*

Amy said...

Just found your blog and am enjoying it. Even my 9 yo daughter thought this haul was impressive!!! Great job!
Amy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...