Saturday, August 6, 2011

Fluff Fest- Cloth Diaper Mama, Amanda


Meet Amanda, our first Fluff Fest cloth diaper mama!

Name: Amanda

Children: Jack (2.5 yrs)

Occupation: SAHM, former teacher

How long have you been cloth diapering? I started when he was 3m, so just over 2 years

How did you get started cloth diapering? I read about it online and had heard of one person I knew (it was a woman I'd never met - A wife of a man who works with my husband) who was doing it. I wanted to save money since I wasn't bringing in an income anymore, so it seamed like a logical thing to do. Plus they were so cute!!

What is your best cloth diaper advice? I advise that you use enough water when washing (and start with a rinse cycle), clean out the velcro tabs after washing but before drying, and use cornstarch for rashes. The cornstarch is my favorite advice, because it was such a drastic change for us. I love it :)


What is your favorite diaper brand and style? I use BumGenius 3.0 and 4.0 and recently started to use some Blueberry dipes with cotton/hemp inserts. I've loved the BG's since I started, but I now love the Blueberries more. My only experience is with one-size pockets. I like that I don't have to buy sizes.

What is in your diaper stash? oops, I kinda already answered this I guess. I have 24 BGs and 7 or 8 Blueberries.


Tell us your funniest cloth diaper moment: Hmmm, nothing stands out in my memory. I have a lot of "oh yuck" moments, but that's not very encouraging to women thinking about using cloth diapers :)

Is your husband supportive of your choice to cloth diaper? VERY. He even sprays the poop off when he has to. He likes it for the cost savings and the 'no chemicals' thing too. He was very supportive from the beginning, but didn't love the initial cost for us (just under $500)

What type of comments do you receive from friends/family/strangers about your cloth diapering decision? Most of my friends are very supportive. A few have said they'd like to do it with their next kid. Though a lot of friends say, "I could never do that", I've never been scoffed at that I know of. When he was a wee baby, every once in a while I'd get 'oh how cute' comments in the public restrooms, but I'm not sure if they were talking about the diapers or the baby :)

Tell us a bit about yourself! Oh boy, I'm a SAHM, former teacher, wife, mom , and friend. I like to blog, connect with friends online or in person, and sing. Not all that exciting, I say.




Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...