Monday, August 29, 2011

Fluff Fest- Cloth Diaper Mama, Michelle


Meet Michelle, cloth diaper mama with 4 children....

Name: Michelle

Children: Buddy - 6, Sweetie - 5, Lovebug - 2, Peanut - 10 months

Occupation: homemaker

How long have you been cloth diapering? 2 1/2 years I started when my 3rd was 4 months old and now we are working at potty training him. I have cloth diapered Peanut from when she was a newborn.

How did you get started cloth diapering? I like to find ways to save money and avoid trips to the store with all my kids. When I saw pictures of a friend's baby in cloth diapers, I saw how different they were from when I was a baby (pins and plastic pants) and thought that would be a great way to save money and one less thing I would need to run to the store for. I asked my friend for some recommendations, tried out a few, and haven't looked back! :)

What is your best cloth diaper advice? Don't give up! Don't be afraid to use disposables for a while or a combination of both if life gets busy or it seems too hard to keep up with the laundry, etc.

What is your favorite diaper brand and style? Bum-Ware Extreme AIO

What is in your diaper stash?I have huge variety in my stash, from flats to pockets, to AIOs and AI2s. They only thing I haven't tried yet are fitteds.

Tell us your funniest cloth diaper moment: When my hubby put a diaper on backwards!

Is your husband supportive of your choice to cloth diaper? He is as long as he doesn't have to change too many of them ;)

What type of comments do you receive from friends/family/strangers about your cloth diapering decision? They are amazed at how easy they are compared to the pins and plastic pants everyone thinks of when thinking of cloth diapers.

Tell us a bit about yourself: I am so blessed to be livng the life I love. I have been married to my best friend Mark for 10 years and we have 4 beautiful children. We own a dairy farm and creamery with my parents (www.twinbrookcreamery.com) and love being able to raise our kids on the farm. I homeschool our kids, love reading, baking from scratch, growing and preserving as much of our food as I can, and trying to fit in some crocheting when I find time, but my number one priority is raising my children to know and love their Savior, Jesus!

Website/Blog:
Country Blessings www.munchkinfarm.blogspot.com

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...