Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day Out with Thomas Leader of the Track Tour 2011- My Family's Experience!

I am honored to be one of Hit Entertainments official "Mommy Reporters" for the Day out With Thomas Tour. This month my whole family got to spend a day with Thomas at the Colorado Railroad Museum in Golden, Colorado. If you have never taken your children to see Thomas, I highly recommend going. It is an unforgettable experience!

The Day Out with Thomas Tour runs every year from early March to late November and visits more than 45 cities across the USA and Canada. The tour actually visits Colorado twice a year in both Durango and Golden. When my two oldest children were 3 and 5 we visited Thomas in Durango. It was fun to visit Golden this time and compare the differences.

We arrived at the Thomas event parking site and boarded a shuttle bus. The Colorado Railroad Museum was a mile down the road.

My kids were SO EXCITED to see Thomas! They called him "The Real Thomas".

Once we finally arrived at the Railroad, my kids were racing around searching for Thomas. He was out for a ride. When he came back in site my kids were thrilled! It was great to see their faces so overjoyed!

Since we had about an hour to kill before our train ride, we were able to walk around the railroad museum and stop at a few of the stations. Here is Sir Topham Hatt posing for pictures.

Then the kids got some super cool Thomas tatoos!

Baby J fascinated by his tatoo.

Here is Little E's up close

Time for our train ride! We chose one of the closed cars as it was a very sunny day. Both cars had benches to sit on and they played the Thomas music over the speakers as we journeyed around the track.

Here I am with Little E. He was so happy to be riding Thomas.

Thomas took us on three loops around the railroad. Along the way an employee of the museum told us about the history of some of the old trains. It was quite interesting!

After our train ride it was time for pictures with Thomas!

Then we headed off to hear some live music and to see a magic act. Baby J enjoyed the music and got up to dance!

At lunch time we picnicked on the grass and got to see Thomas pass every few minutes. My kids LOVED this! I think this picture is adorable. This was taken after lunch as my boys were waving good bye to Thomas.
After lunch we made our last rounds around the museum. My children had fun looking at all the old trains.

It was very busy so we did not do everything they had to offer. There was a petting zoo, story time at the library, imagination station with toy trains to play with, and a huge display of model trains set up in the middle of the museum grounds. Lastly, we visited the HUGE Thomas gift shop that was set up in a big circus tent. Oh boy, you can get in trouble in there!

Two tuckered out toddlers after a fun filled day with Thomas!

Once again we had a great time at the Day Out with Thomas. I plan to do this again down the road and think every parent with small children should attend one of these events. It is well worth it!


To see if Thomas is visiting your area soon and for ticket information, click here.


Thank you to PR Company who provided me with the tickets for this event free of charge for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own and no other compensation was received to conduct this review .

Pin It!

2 comments:

Sarah J. said...

I can't believe how big Little E and Baby J are getting! I love the last picture of them sleeping in their car seats. :o)

Jill said...

Looks like fun! My parents are in Durango, and we've seen it there once, I think. My kids would love to go, it's usually around Father's Day. Glad you had a fun time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...