Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Picture Frame Dry Erase Board Tutorial

Lately I have been in the DIY kind of mood. I feel like for the first time in my life, all my creative juices have started to flow! While on my hunt for fun projects, I came accross a tutorial for a Dry Erase Picture Frame from Make It and Love It (go check out her blog, theres some awesome tutorials on there!). As soon as I saw it, I knew it was exactly what my kitchen needed!



What you'll need:

Picture Frame (glass not plastic)
Fabric (I picked a light blue w/ gray design, but the possibilites are endless!)
Glue Gun and Glue
Scissors


Here's how how I made mine:

First, I laid the piece of cardboard that is the inner frame onto the fabric. Cut about an inch or so around the inner frame. It doesn't require much fabric so you can change this up whenever you want for super cheap. I forgot to take a picture of this step, just pretend there is an inner frame laying over fabric. Next, I took the glue and ran it down the length of one side. Quickly fold over the fabric and run your hand over it to seal it to the glue.


I repeated this on each side, folding over the corners like you would when wrapping a gift. Don't stress too much over this part, you wont be able to see the glue, its ok if it looks a little less then beautiful!

. Warning: Make sure your fabric is print side down! I didn't and ended up having to do it twice. It was a classic moment of air-headedness. Is that even a word?


Next your going to put your "picture" into the frame just like you would normally. Secure the back and Voila! You have a designer dry erase board that you made yourself. This takes about 10 minutes and only cost me 8 dollars for the frame and fabric! If I had been patient, I could have spent even less buying what I needed at Goodwill. If you happen to have this stuff on hand, its practically free. Im a big fan of free!



I put mine in my kitchen but you could just as easily put it in your school room or even your childs bedroom,. It is such a lovely change from the normal white boards. Enjoy!

Written By Happily Domestic Contributer: Brittney Thompson


Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...