Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wordless Wednesday- A Trip to the American Girl Store!

Last week we took a little trip to Denver to visit Thomas the train (more about that later) and we also stopped by the American Girl store. If you have ever met my daughter, you know how much she loves American Girl dolls! She has been dying to go to the store in Denver ever since we found out about it last year. I can't even describe the excitement coming from her as we drove up and she saw the building! She was all squeals!

I could hardly get her to stand long enough for this picture before she dashed across the parking lot!

Awe struck by her favorite line of dolls, Kit and Ruthie.

So many books, so little time!

The Bitty Baby room

Checking Ruthie into the Doll Salon

Hey, I'm jealous...I never get pampered like that!

Time for a pedicure

Beautiful Purple Toenails

Hair next... french braids. How lovely!

"Enough of this, give me my doll back!"

Time to decide what to buy. Such a hard decision!
(love the panic all over her face)

Spiffy clean doll, a new Christmas dress for Ruthie and one smiling little girl.

A day she will never forget!



Pin It!

12 comments:

Chari said...

How sweet! She looks like the only customer in the store too!

I was in Michaels tonight and it looks like they just got a line of American Girl things such as crafts, party supplies, etc. You'll have to check it out!

Sarah said...

How fun! Looks like she had sooo much fun.

HappilyDomestic said...

It was pretty dead in there. In fact they usually charge $15 to style the doll's hair and the gal did it for free because she was so bored. We did pay $5 for the cleaning though.

Yes, I have seen some of the stuff at Micheals. :-) Fun stuff!

Annie said...

I cannot believe it was so slow! Well, that is a super blessing for you :) We don't have an American Girl store near us - I think the closest is like 2.5 hours away.

So much fun for her!! :)

Aleksandra Nearing said...

I bet she had a great time! Happy Wednesday! We went one weekend to browse and it was PACKED!

em said...

Wow. I couldn't imagine going into a store like that! Looks like she had a super time!

Party Of Four said...

Looks like she had a great time! So adorable. I've always wanted to visit that store. Thanks for sharing. Happy WW!

Jodi Faye said...

So sweet! I still have my American Girl dolls saved for Lucy when she gets big enough :)

Tami said...

so cool! we are taking our girls to the American Girl place in Dallas soon and this was fun for them to see!!

MJ @ Creative Madness Mama said...

Hancock's Fabrics has the craft line too. My AppleBlossom plays with my two Bitty Babies (I was almost too old for them when they first came out - we bought the original blonde, but my mama later gave in and bought me the brunette when it came out later.) It will still be a few years yet before she can play with my look-alike doll. Back then it was the American Girl of Today doll, but they don't call them that anymore because of the annual ones. Straight dark brown hair, green eyes and fair skin. Now that I see they have the new Wavy hair with freckles I want it! LOL

Then two years after all the excitement with AppleBlossom we'll get to start all over with OrangeBlossom. I do hope AB will share the Bitty Baby love!

Heather said...

WOW! How Fun! I Always wanted to go there! I grew up reading the American girl books and so did my sister! (Her name is Samantha as well LOL! I Loved the Samantha American Girl too)

But that is so Great your daughter got to pick her own Doll! I will definitely be taking my daughter there someday and get a doll for myself too! So Special!

"Sweet Peas and Bumblebees"
http://sweetpeasandbumble-bees.blogspot.com/2011/09/wordless-wednesday-wlinky.html

Heather said...

Whoops, I thought she was getting a new doll, but instead got her doll pampered up to look like new! LOL! That's really neat that they do that! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...