Monday, October 24, 2011

Green Smoothie Recipe!

If you have a hard time getting your children to eat their greens or just need a super healthy breakfast pick me up, the Green Smoothie is what you need! Packed full of superfoods and amazingly healthy, this smoothie is so delicious even your toddlers and picky eaters will love it. You may want to send your kiddos out of the room when you make it though. If they see all the spinach you are putting in they may refuse to try it. Okay, here is how you make it....

Green Smoothie

2 cups organic spinach leaves
1 organic apple sliced (leave peel on, it adds fiber!)
Juice from 1 lime
2 heaping tablespoons raw organic hemp seed (I bought Holy Hemp brand as it is not gritty) (By the way, this adds protein)
1 organic banana
1 pack stevia extract
10-15 ice cubes

Blend all ingredients until smooth, but not liquid. You want a nice smoothie consistency, this is not juice. Serve immediately! Makes apx. 4 cups.

Pin It!

7 comments:

Chari said...

I've got to try hemp seeds! I keep hearing about how good they are to add in smoothies!

Chari said...

oh, and I think we need a picture of one of your children drinking it so we know it's good ;-)

HappilyDomestic said...

You don't believe me huh??? lol
Okay, I will! I don't have the stuff for it right now, I will have to buy some more!

HappilyDomestic said...

Oh, and you can add flax meal to it as well. This adds DHA which is good for the brain! I would add 1 tablespoon as it can be gritty.

Mary L. said...

What and exactly how much is 1 pack stevia extract? Is it a liquid or powder? Thanks! Mary

♥Monkey Tales♥ said...

It is also good if you add a fresh peach into it!

HappilyDomestic said...

Mary- You can buy Stevia extract in powder form at any grocery store. If you buy the packets, just use one packet in your smoothie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...