Monday, October 17, 2011

Juggling

We mommas are excellent jugglers! We don't even have to pick up balls, or pins, or batons to accomplish this feat! All we have to do is get out of bed in the morning. But how do we juggle all that we have to do each and every day without burning out and getting run down.


Dishes......




Laundry......

Dirty Floors....




the list goes on and on. So, how does one continue on this path and enjoy it while serving others ALL. THE. TIME.

Here are my top 3 thought....

  1. Keep it in perspetive! When you start to feel overwhelmed, taken advantage of, and otherwise drained remember what Christ did for you. As a sinner, He died for you! That is the ultimate sacrificial lifestyle. And what you are doing has eternal worth. You are training hearts for service to Christ. You are impacting generations to come!! That is a worthy endeavor, no matter how insignificant it may seem.
  2. Prioritize!! - No one takes a job and then stays in the office. If you are striving to be the homemaker that God has designed women to be, one that has a presentable house, home cooked meals, and completed laundry, you must stay at home. You can't keep up with the responsibility of a home if you are never there. Be very selective of what calls you away from home. The fewer times you leave the happier you will be in your home.
  3. Enlist help - Training children to be responsible for their things and to be a contributing member of a family helps them to be better adults. And while the first few months of training can be time consuming and tedious, the effort will be worth it. Because one day you will be able to call your children to you and hand out tasks to be done and before you know it the house will be cleaned and you and the children will be able to happily meet Daddy at the door when he arrives from work.
Are you struggling today with finding joy in a life of raising children, cleaning house, cooking meals, and folding laundry? If so, I pray that today you will be encouraged and you will know that you are making an eternal impact on society by molding and shaping young lives to be moral and Godly adults that can shine for Christ. And if nothing else know this promise.....

..........and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? Esther 4:14

God made you for now! For this job, at this time, with these children, and as the song says "From life's fist cry to final breath Jesus commands my destiny" everything is in His control!So, my dear sister, rest in His plan and embrace the life He has blessed you with and find joy in the everyday!

Written by Happily Domestic Contributer: Amanda Sikes
Pin It!

2 comments:

The Green House said...

It's funny that you have this post up today, as I woke up feeling overwhelmed. And this morning, I received an email from "I Can Teach My Child" (http://www.icanteachmychild.com/2011/10/a-lesson-learned-do-everything/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ICanTeachMyChild+%28I+can+teach+my+child!%29

It's a post about doing everything and wondering if it's all worth it - if we're feeling appreciated.

Both your articles made me realize that I have been doing too much at one time and that the "unappreciation" feeling doesn't come from my family, but rather I feel that I'm taking my time away from them to do everything else. Does that make any sense? When I received your email, I was in the middle of writing a post on my blog about minimizing my time to take care of my family. I'll have it up later today. Hope you can head over to the blog to read it over. Thank you for your post. It made me feel better!

Trophy and Barb said...

Amen! Amen! Amen! My kids have been such wonderful helps lately with some extra things that are going on and some health issues with hubby. They are such troopers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...