Heavenly Homemakers is a site that has impacted my life in countless ways. From Laura's Gratituesday posts that help me find gratitude in every day life to her simple recipes for dishes that my family will eat, God is using Laura to turn women's hearts toward home. She even offers organizational tips and tools to make this calling more fun!!
|Chocolate Chip Zucchini bars|
As the mother to four boys Laura also knows the importance of training our children to live a life that would be pleasing to God. She shares lots of ideas on how to engage your children in the kitchen and how to instill within them a servants heart. She has even written an entire preschool curriculum that incorporates the teaching of phonics and writing with the estential lesson of serving others.
I recently had the opportunity to review her two e-book set on "Have Your Cookie and Eat It" (includes recipe list). Both books 1 and 2 are full of yummy recipes that are much healthier for you than regular desserts. There is truly a dessert for any occasion in these books. My family hasn't made the switch to all whole wheat flour so I used a mixture of flours in the recipes that I have tried that would be acceptable to my family and they turned out great!! I also couldn't find some of the more natural sugars that she calls for (mainly sucanat) but I researched it and found you can use brown sugar in its place so that is what I did. I have found an Azure co-op locally and I will be looking into ordering from them soon so that I can try these recipes again.
These books include recipes for several types of puddings, banana bread, monkey bread, whole wheat donuts and many more!!
|Peanut Butter Honey bars|
BUY IT- You can purchase any of Laura's e-books for anything from canning to schooling and gardening and much more here.
WIN IT- Laura has offered to give one lucky reader a set of these e-books!!!
First Mandatory entry: Visit Heavenly Homemakers and tell me what other e-book is of interest to you.
After you have completed your first entry you are eligible for additional entries. *See my giveaway instructions here for more information. * *Remember to leave a separate comment for each additional entry and include your e-mail address.*
Extra Entries: (1 each unless specified, leave a separate comment for each thing you do)
- Follow Happily Domestic blog publicly through Google friend connect (can be found at my right sidebar.) - current follows count too! Counts for 2 entries.
- Subscribe to Happily Domestic's blog emails via Feedburner. Sign up box on right sidebar. Counts for 2 entries.
- Blog about THIS giveaway between October 10th and October 28th and gain TWO entries!!! link back to Happily Domestic- leave the URL where you blogged. Please leave separate comments for each entry. Example "I blogged about your Heavenly Homemakers giveaway@ #1" then "I blogged about your Heavenly Homemakers giveaway@ #2".
- Grab the Happily Domestic button! (found at right sidebar)- Leave the URL where it is posted.
- Follow Happily Domestic on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (counts as 1 entry)- after this you may "tweet" daily and gain an extra entry each day that you tweet-limit one per day.Leave your tweet status.
- Like Happily Domestic on Facebook. Click here. Leave a comment saying that you did this.
- Enter any of Happily Domestic's current giveaways, leave a comment and tell me which giveaway you entered. Counts as 1 entry per giveaway entered. Please leave separate comments per giveaway you entered.
- Subscribe to Heavenly Homemakers blog via email.
- "Like" Heavenly Homemakers on Facebook.
- Follow Heavenly Homemakers on Twitter.
Giveaway ends November 16th, 2011 at 8:00 p.m.(MST). Winner will be drawn by the random number generator at Random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will also be announced on this blog. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
*This giveaway is open to USA residents ONLY.
Must be 18 years old or older to win.*
Must be 18 years old or older to win.*
Written by Happily Domestic Contributer: Amanda Sikes
Thank you to Heavenly Homemakers who provided me with the e-books free of charge for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own and no other compensation was received to conduct this review and giveaway.