Friday, November 11, 2011

Welcome Home Sign and Edible Finger Paint Recipe

As you all know my husband has been deployed to Iraq. It has been a loooooong year and this deployment is finally finished. One of the things that really got me through this year was planning for my loves return. Little Man is 6 months old and just big enough to participate in the sign making! I went over to a friends house and we decided to make our Welcome Home signs together. She had found a recipe for edible finger paint on pinterest by Easie Peasie and we decided to use it for this.


My Little Man taste testing the paint. Mmm..


Little B squishing the paint between his fingers. Yuck! He didn't love it so much, haha!


Here I am trying to keep him interested by showing him how cool yellow is!


Little B's mama showing him how to paint.


All done! Paint was EVERYWHERE!

We had such a great time! Our boys were covered in paint and our signs looked great. I really liked the paint recipe we used. So simple! It did stain Little Man's skin, but it was gone by the end of the day so it wasn't an issue for me. Here's the recipe:

Edible Finger Paint

1/2 cup Corn Starch
1/2 tsp Salt
3 tbs Sugar
2 cups Water
Food Coloring

Mix everything together in a saucepan. Heat until its thick. It will be VERY thick and almost gelatinous looking. I ended up adding a bit more water to thin it out a little. Let it cool. Seperate into whatever containers you like and mix in your food coloring. I would imagine that this stores well as there isn't anything in it that will sour. Hope you enjoy!


Written By Happily Domestic Contributer: Brittney Thompson

Pin It!

2 comments:

Lori said...

so happy for you. my little guy is soooooo tallented!

SolDucky said...

Lovely!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...